Engaged

"Hey Jennifer. Can I talk to you?" Fitz looked almost relived as he said this. Jennifer turned around.  "Yes." Fitz looked off into the distance at Sophie walking in the beach. She had her arms out wide and the wind blew her hair behind her. She clutched her jacket and it looked like she had on a pair of wings. He turned his attention back to Jennifer. "I'm breaking up with you. I thought that I loved you, but I'm still in love with Sophie." With that, Fitz walked away and grabbed a couple suitcases. He set them out the door and pushed Jennifer out. He then ran outside to Sophie. Glad to be rid of her. "Sophie" he called out. He ran to her and picked her up, swinging her around. "Will you go out with me tonight?" Sophie squealed and then smiled and laughed. "Yes!" Fitz laughed and set her down.

   Sophie held Fitz's hand as they walked into the restaurant. They were seated pretty quickly and a waiter was almost immediately with them. They ordered their drinks and looked at their menus. After deciding on what they wanted, they set them down. "So how did she react?" Sophie looked at Fitz. "I never gave her the chance to." Sophie giggled. The waiter came back with their drinks and they ordered. "So Sophie. I have a question" Fitz said, looking at Sophie intensely. Sophie looked up at him. "Yeah?" Fitz smiled. "How would you feel if I taught you how to paddle board?" Sophie smiled. She had been wanting to do that for awhile but Fitz was always busy with Jennifer. "Yes I would love that." Fitz chuckled. "We will start tonight then." Sophie smiled. They ate their food and went home. Fitz took Sophie out to the beach and held her board as she paddled around. When she got the hang of it, he got on his and they paddled side by side.

     Sophie snuggled against Fitz that night. She was happy to have him back. He held onto her tight and rubbed her back. She fell into a sweet sleep. That morning, Sophie woke up bright and early. Fitz yawned and stretched beside her. "Good morning love" he said. Sophie giggled and hugged him. She got out of bed and got dressed. Fitz soon did the same and Sophie went downstairs. "Hey what do you say we go somewhere. Just the two of us" Fitz suggested. Sophie smiled. "Sure." She packed a basket filled with pastries and sandwiches and drinks. She grabbed a blanket and placed them in the trunk of the blue Ferrari, knowing it was Fitz's favorite. She got in and Fitz took off. He turned on the radio and Sophie sang and threw her hands in the air. Her hair flew behind her in perfect bombshell waves and she had a flower in her hair. She had on a simple white blouse with dasiy's on it. She had light blue jeans on the were capris and rolled at the bottom. She aslo had on a pair of flats. Fitz took them to the park in the next city over. They laid on the blanket eating and talking and laughing. At one point, Fitz started a tickle fight and Sophie couldn't get him off of her. He eventually stopped and laid down beside her. But she was jumpy every time he reached for her. Sophie rested her head on Fitz's chest and he wrapped an arm around her. They looked at the sky until sunset. Sophie pulled Fitz over to the waterfall. She jogged over there, holding Fitz's hand as he trailed behind her. She would look back every now and then with the biggest, brightest, most beautiful smile Fitz had ever seen. He watched her as she picked up a flower. He decided now was the time. "Soph, sweetheart, can I ask you something?" Sophie smiled and looked up at him. "Anything." She looked back down at the flower for a moment and when she looked back at him, he was on one knee with a ring in his hands. "Sophie Elizabeth Foster, will you marry me?" Sophie covered her mouth with her hands and started crying tears of joy as she nodded yes. He took her left hand and slid the ring in and Sophie kissed him. They kissed for several seconds before pulling apart. Sophie buried her face into his chest and he held her close, a bug smile in his face. They went back to the blanket and laid back down. They looked up at the stars and fell asleep. They woke up in the morning on the blanket and Sophie squealed. "Are you alright" Fitz asked. "I'm more than ok" she said, flashing her ring. Fitz chuckled. "So am I." They pa ked up and headed home. Sophie was crushed immediately by Biana. "Where did you guys go" she asked. "Sophie smiled. He took me over to the park in the next city over and he umm well" Sophie stuttered. Fitz came up behind her and hugged her. She placed a hand on his arm and Biana squealed. "Are you guys engaged?!?" Sophie smiled and nodded. Biana squealed again and ran about the house screaming her head off. They got lots of congratulations.