Chapter 22

Nana stares at her phone, trying to think of an excuse to get Jungkook to come to her house that night. She ended her shift an hour ago. She's back home, safely tucked in her bed, hair ruffled after tossing herself left and right, trying to think of a rational idea to make Jungkook come to her house.

She wants him back. She wants him all to herself.

Nana pressed her lips as she recalls seeing Jungkook pulling Sora into his embrace that day. She feels challenged. She feels outraged with the fact that Jungkook is no longer focusing on her. She is confused with her own feelings, she cheated on Jungkook so many times but when she goes back to him, he will accept her.

But, this time? He didn't even text her anymore.

Nana slumps herself onto her pillow as she stares at the ceiling, thinking about the times she spent with Jungkook, all the nights they stayed in bed together, talking about the future. She missed that but some parts of her just couldn't love Jungkook the way he loved her before. She was greedy and needy. She wanted attention but Jungkook couldn't give her because of his job.

Jungkook is married to his job and Nana blamed him for that. She always blamed him for that. She would point of all his mistakes whenever she cheated on him and he found out. But Jungkook loves her, why wouldn't he take her back? If he loves her, he will come back. He needs to comeback.

Nana got up into a sitting position, got out of bed and ran to her kitchen to search for something. She rummaged through her drawers and then pick up a small bottle.

Sleeping pills

"If this is what it takes to make you come back, I will do it"

***

Sora placed her empty mug into the sink as she stares blankly out of her windows. The feeling is back. Jungkook is not home. He texted her that he might be home late due to settling some matters at the station. Not that she needs him but whenever Jungkook is not home, she feels unsafe. The image of the guy hovering over her started to play in her mind, making her feel anxious.

"You will be fine Sora. The door is locked. And you live on the 10th floor. No man at his right man would ever dare to climb all the way to the 10th floor just to kill you", she muttered to herself

Sora quickly got into her room and tuck herself into bed. She wonders if Jungkook is ever going to come back tonight or he might end up staying over at the station. He did once but he made sure to text her beforehand so that she wouldn't worry. Of course, she would worry, who knows the guy who were supposed to kill her, killed Jungkook instead.

Oh god, Sora, don't be dumb.

We will never know anyways.

Sora looks through her fingers, trying to distract herself from thinking about Jungkook.

What even? All she can think of is Jungkook.

Sora reached for her phone and decided to watch same videos instead. Staring into nothing will only lead her to thinking about Jungkook and nothing else. She wouldn't want to end up dreaming about him instead, just like the previous nights.

***

Jungkook pressed the bell and waits patiently. He turns to face the door when he heard the sound of the door being unlocked.

"Jungkook! You came!", Nana smiled as she opens the door for him

Jungkook looks confused when Nana looks entirely okay in contrast to her sounding sick on the phone an hour ago.