Special Chapter - Part 2

"Where is he?"

Sora barged into the emergency room, not bothered to even look to her left and right as she paced through the small crowd of people in the ward.

"Dr Kim, Dr Kang asked me to tell you to wait here. The patient has been rushed into the operation theater. The bullet did not—"

"What? Did you say a bullet?"

Did she hear that right? A bullet? Did she say bullet?

Turning to look at the young nurse standing a few feet from her, Sora had to grip onto one of the table to keep herself standing. Everything seems to spin as she recalls the nurse's reply to her. Feeling every inch of her body jolting to the news, her heart began to pulse so fast making her whole body feel heavy.

"Which operation theater?"

-

It has been hours, she lost count the hours she has been pacing in front of the operation theater. Feeling restless, she couldn't even eat nor drink anything ever since Yuri called her and just disappeared into the operation theater.

She couldn't sit still knowing that Jungkook is in there, with a bullet in his body.

How did this happen?

She sighs as she stares at the closed door of the operation theater for the thousandth time. Her entire body is aching for sitting and standing too long. She literally ditched everything and has been waiting for Yuri to come out of the operation.

She needs to trust Yuri on this.

Jungkook's life depends on her and there is nothing else that can be done except praying for the best of both.

"You should get some sleep Sora". Seokjin approached her with a cup of hot coffee in his hand. Gesturing her to take it, he pulled Sora to the chairs, asking her to sit beside him. " Sit down Sora. Please"

Rubbing the back of her sore neck, she gave in feeling exhausted from all the waiting plus she has been working the night before. This mean, she hasn't slept for more than 18 hours. She feels trippy, almost sleep-drunk as she tries to keep herself awake. Not that she is sleepy but her body is tired and drained.

She is entirely worn out.

"He will be fine. The bullet missed the vital points. He will be fine". He taps on her shoulder, massaging it as he watched her staring at the cup of coffee in her hands. " You look dead"

"Shut up. I cant even do anything now. How did this happen? I mean—oh god. Like just—"

"Calm down Kim Sora. Calm down. It's Yuri you are talking about. She will keep him alive. I trust her. You should trust her too", gently, he pats her back before taking a sip of her own coffee.

She sighs as she finally leans back into the chair, loosening her hairband before ruffing her hair as she groans.

"I'll stay with here with you. Don't worry"

-

"Sora, wake up"

Lifting her heavy lids as she squints at the faint ray of lights beaming into her eyes, she caught an eyesight of a familiar figure looking down at her. The person tugs on her upper arm, slowly shaking her body to wake her up.

"Wake uppp"

"Yuri?", a sudden rush of panic made her sits upright, making her head turns due to the sudden movement.

"How is Jungkook? Is he okay? Where is he—"

"Calm your ass you woman. You passed out last night and now you're in the resting room. And speaking of Jungkook. He is still unconscious after the surgery. It has been just 5 hours. It's almost 3 am now. Get up. Shower and I'll take you to him", Yuri pulled her hand, forcing her to get out of the bed.

"No. I want to see him. Just—"

"Get a grip Sora. Don't do this to yourself", she said sternly

Yuri knows how she feels right now.

Sora's fears.

Sora fears that same thing that happened to Hoseok might repeat. The day Hoseok left, Sora couldn't even be by his side during his last breath. She was in the surgery theater, performing one of the longest surgeries she ever did. Imagine not being able to keep track of your boyfriend's condition and came out of the surgery just to find out that he is dead.

She remembers the look on her face as she struggled to keep her mind into the surgery while Hoseok is battling for his life in the other room.

Yuri was there and she remembers everything.

She remembers how Sora dropped to the floor when the doctor finally told her that Hoseok is no longer alive. She remembers every detail. Can you imagine? Coming out of 5 hour-long surgery, drained and exhausted and then you're told the love of your life lost the battle? No one can.

Looking at her now, Yuri understands the fear in her eyes. She fears of losing Jungkook.

"Just shower first. He is okay. The bullet is out of his body. He will come to his senses anytime soon. Shower, please. You smell like saliva", she chuckles lightly before ruffling Sora's hair.

-

Sora walks into the dim ward, the sun is no out yet thus there's only a faint orange light piercing through the white drapes near the windows. She changed into a pair of clean scrubs, feeling energized finally. Adjusting her eyes to the dark, she spotted a figure laying on the bed, hair tousled on the forehead and eyes closed shut.

Jungkook

Her heart dropped when she saw the bruises and the swell on his small face. There's bandage on his left arm, little scratches up to his elbow and the little purple marks around it. Sliding the door closed slowly, she tiptoed to his right side as she looks down at him.

It breaks her heart to see him in this state. Finally understanding the danger of having a job like his. Never once Jungkook talked about all the danger he is exposed to while he is at work. He never wanted her to worry. But now, she couldn't take it.

Looking at him sleeping soundly on the hospital bed, breathing in and out slowly, his chest rising up and down. Slowly pulling one chair, she sits beside the bed as she looks at him. Wanting to hold his hand but she was scared she might hurt him.

"Don't do this to me"

~~~~

NOTE

I am so so sorry it tooks like a month or more for the second part of the special chapter! I finally had the time! I hope you still remember how part 1 goes! T_T. Anyhow, dont worry. I wont leave yall hanging. Thank you for reading! I love youu xxx