Chapter 3

Sora looked at Jungkook when she realized that he was already half-way into her house, she halted and turned to him.

"Are you coming in?", Sora asked confusedly.

"Do I look like I am going to eat you? Why are you worried?", Jungkook pushed himself forward making Sora inched backward giving him the space. He closed the door and slowly removed his shoes.

"Why—"

"You really think you'll be safe here alone? I am assigned to keep you alive, I'll lose my job if you're found dead", Jungkook exclaimed as he comfortably walked in towards the kitchen.

Sora being that feminist that she is will always find something to fight back but not that night, her senses were still alerting. She seems to have the image of the man hovering over her, pinning her to the ground as she fought for her life. She was still disturbed and somehow having Jungkook close to her make her feel assured that the man is never coming back to get her. But, then, she hates strangers. And men especially. Sora couldn't find her voice to question Jungkook but then she just swallowed everything and gave in.

Sora removed her shoes slowly, placing them properly on the white wooden shoe racks. She looks at the boots Jungkook was wearing and it was just thrown in front of her apartment door. She sighed as she picked them up and arranged it properly near the shoe rack. She scans the living room and panicked when she couldn't find him.

"Dr Kim, where is your first aid kit?" his faint voice was heard from the kitchen.

"Why do you need a first aid kit?", Sora asked as she fast-walked towards her kitchen.

She saw Jungkook opening every drawers in her kitchen and starts rummaging through the cupboards for her first aid kit.

"Are you forgetting that you are bleeding", he replied as his eyes still search for the first aid kit.

"I can do the first aid on my own, if you please, leave now. I don't think—"

"Found it", Jungkook cuts in.

"Detective Jeon, I don't want to sound rude, but it is freaking 2 am in the morning and you really have to leave. I can do the first aid on my own"

Jungkook ignored her as he opened the red and white stainless-steel kit on the kitchen counter and starts inspecting everything that is in the kit. "You better stop talking before I lose my patience"

"Excuse me? You are in my house, a woman's house. And you're expecting me to respect your patience? What lunacy is this?", Sora  rolled her eyes

"Dr Kim, I am doing my job and the reason I am here in your house, is that to prepare you to be accustom around me", Jungkook he turns around to face Sora.

"What are you saying?", Sora held her hand firmly pressed on the injury as she walks towards the table.

"I am moving in starting tomorrow"

  ******

"What!?", Yuri accidentally hit her head on the table when she was reaching for her pen from under the table and at the same time listening to Sora's explanation.

Sora just hummed as she adjusted her spectacles on her nose and resume reading her patient's profile.

"That hot detective has to move in, with you?", Yuri asked again as she rubs the back of her head.

"Temporary, he said. And no, stop with him being the hot detective. Are you blind or what"?

Sora gripped the file she has in her hand tightly as she remembers her conversation with that annoying detective. She couldn't believe everything is happening too fast. None of it makes sense. The reasoning that detective explained last night didn't seem to make the cut. She needs a proper explanation and that's why Jungkook assured her that today, Inspector Namjoon will come and see her himself to further explain everything.