Chapter 21

Sora stares at her bedroom door, once again, contemplating if she should go out and get some warm milk to help her sleep. She had been tossing her body left and right for the whole 30 minutes, unable to shut her eyes despite her worn out body.

"I just need my warm milk that's all", Sora sighs as she talks to herself.

Sora gathers her guts, placing her left hand on the doorknob, twisting it open slowly and craning  her neck outside to check the living room. There is no one there and that made her feel relief. She tip toed to her kitchen, not wanting to let Jungkook knows that she is awake.

"Why are you sneaking in your own house?"

Sora jumped when she heard Jungkook's voice coming from behind her. She could feel her heart is about to pop out of her chest hearing Jungkook's voice coming out of nowhere. She was already panting as she calms herself, turning around slowly to see Jungkook standing in front of the main door looking very much attractive  in his black hoodie, black sweat pants , earphones tugged in one of his ears.

 She was already panting as she calms herself, turning around slowly to see Jungkook standing in front of the main door looking very much attractive  in his black hoodie, black sweat pants , earphones tugged in one of his ears

Jungkook always looks so good in sweatshirt and sweatpants. Why must he look this good, it is almost impossible for this man to be legal?

But what caught Sora's eyes was the plastic he is carrying in his left hand.

"N-nothing. I was just going to the kitchen"

Jungkook pulled his hoodie down, removed his earphones and stuff them into his hoodie pockets, "You can't sleep right? I bought your favorite milk. I checked your fridge, you're out of milk. Come, I'll warm a cup of milk for you"

Sora watched as Jungkook walked pass her, turning the kitchen's lights on. He placed the plastic on the dining table, taking out all the stuffs he bought one by one as he hums to a song.

He actually has a very soothing voice. Very calming and almost honey-like.

"Dr Kim, are you going to stand there or do I need to carry you to the kitchen?", Jungkook's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Sora shakes her head as she heads towards the kitchen.

"Is there any update on the case?", Sora tried to initiate a conversation

"I am going to meet Namjoon tomorrow. Let's hope there is a better lead" he said as he waits for the milk to warm in the microwave.

Sora taps on the wooden dining table, inspecting every single thing that Jungkook bought from the convenience store. She then spotted about 2 packs of banana milk, she wanted to laugh but then she pressed her lips together tried to stay calm.

"Why are you grinning?", Jungkook asked as he placed a cup of warm milk in front of Sora.

"You really like banana milk don't you", she pointed at the massive amount of banana milk in front of her.