Chapter 23

Jungkook lift his heavy eyelids, scanning the sight of unfamiliar sight in front of him. His eyes shot open when he realized he is not at Sora's house but Nana's. He looked around the house to find Nana, but he couldn't spot her.

"You fell asleep last night", Nana said as she walks out of the kitchen

"I-I did?", Jungkook asked still half-awake

"Yes, I didn't want to wake you up. So, I let you sleep because you look so tired"

Jungkook was about to reply but then his phone rang making him flinched to the sudden vibration at the back of his pocket.

"Hello Tae?"

"Where the fuck are you Jungkook? Sora is unconscious. Somebody attacked her this morning. Now tell me, where the fuck are you?", Taehyung screamed through the phone

Nana gulped as she could heard Taehyung's voice piercing Jungkook's eardrums.

Jungkook swore his heart stopped.

Sora is unconscious?

She was assaulted.

What have he done?

Jungkook shot to his feet and head straight out of the house, forgetting that Nana was still there. He couldn't believe everything. He couldn't believe he fell asleep at Nana's house and now Sora was attacked.

What have you done Jungkook? Why are you so careless???

***

Yuri watches as Sora groans when she finds herself on the hospital bed. Sora has been nagging for minutes now. She tried to convince Yuri to let her go back to work and telling her she feels better now.

"Are you insane? That detective told me not to let you out of sight. You think I will let you work?", Yuri rolled her eyes

"I am fine now. Look? I am awake and I am conscious. They did a thorough check on me. There are no injuries okay? Now can you please let me work?", Sora said as she sighs

"No, the answer is no. Listen to your own voice. It's still hoarse and raspy", Yuri shook her head as she takes the empty beside her

"I can never convince you I guess"

"Yes, you are the patient now. So, shut up and listen to the doctor"

Sora gave up, there is no point arguing with Yuri knowing that she won't let Sora leaves the bed until she has fully recovered. Sora could still feel the numbness around her neck but then she is relief there is no serious injuries. She was able to talk to Namjoon and Taehyung when they came to ask for the details. They might think the guy is related to the patient she saved. But it was just a thought, Namjoon assured.