Chapter 12

"Dr Kim Sora? She was here a moment ago. But she disappeared"

Kim Taehyung looks at Jihye in confusion as he digests her blunt reply. "What do you mean disappeared?"

"She disappeared. I meant, she was here a few minutes ago but then—Oh that's her!", Jihye said as she points at Sora whom just got out of the inventory room.

"Thank you very much", Taehyung smiled to Jihye before walking towards Sora whom are heading towards the other direction.

Taehyung quickly called her. Sora halted and slowly turned around to see Taehyung, dressed in a casual black shirt and a black jean, looking at her as he approaches her.

"yes?", Sora said calmly

"I am Detective Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's friend?", Taehyung introduced himself

"Oh! I remember you. You were here with Detective Namjoon that day", Sora nods as she recalls.

"I am glad you remember. But I have a few questions to ask you. Are you caught up now?"

"No, I am not. I am free to answer any questions"

"Alright, shall we go somewhere less crowded?"

Taehyung and Sora ended up sitting at the small pantry of the department. Sora assured that this is good enough for a private conversation.

"Is there anything I need to know?", Sora asked pulled her white coat closer to her.

"Nothing serious actually. I just want to ask a few questions. Is Jungkook okay?", Taehyung asked bluntly

"What?", Sora inched backward.

"I mean, is he behaving at your house. He doesn't create any problems, didn't he?",

"So far, no...fortunately no."

"Good, is he keeping you safe? Do you feel safe around him?", Taehyung asked he raised his eyebrows.

"I think it is safe to say he kept me alive until now. So, you got the picture"

Taehyung hummed and then he leans forward, resting his elbows on the table and his feet tapping on the chair he is sitting on. "So that means, he is good. Therefore, my job here is done. I am here to check on you and to ensure that you are safe and sound",

Taehyung got to his feet and bowed to her. "I am sorry for taking your time. I'll see you around then, Dr Kim"

Sora bowed slowly and she watches as Taehyung headed straight towards the hallway, disappearing behind the walls.

What was that?

Suddenly she heard someone coughing from behind her and to her surprise, it was none other than Jungkook.

Sora flinched and she eyes Jungkook from the corner of her eyes as he approaches her casually took the empty seat in front of her. Jungkook placed a can of coffee in front of her and he gestured her to drink it.

"That's your favorite coffee. Drink it. You look so tensed", Jungkook said as drums his fingers on the table.

Sora gulped, worrying that Jungkook might ask her about what happened last night and also this morning. But then Jungkook looks like he is not going to bring up about that nor looks like he remembered about it. And that made her feel a little bit calm despite all the thinking she had done in her head since morning.

"Thank you", Sora said as she reached for the coffee.

She quickly twisted the can opened and took a long sip as it will help her calm her senses down.