Chapter 9

Sora grabs her phone as she fumbles through her thick white comforter. Her half-opened eyes struggled to focus on the time.

6.00 a.m.

The faint sunlight has begun to glare through her thin curtain, illuminating her room with that subtle light. Sora stirs as she pushed herself up, sitting down, facing the empty wall in front of her. She stretches her neck repeatedly trying to ease the soreness. Her neck felt terribly painful for some reason and she is definitely uncomfortable. She forced herself out of her bed and went straight to shower, getting ready for work. Her shift starts at 10 am today but as per usual, she will be there as early as possible.

While in the other room...

Jungkook lays flat on his bed, staring at the empty wall above him. He has been awake for quite a while after getting a very early call from Namjoon. Namjoon updated him about the profiles of possible suspects that might threatened Sora's life. He sighs as he closed his eyes, thinking about the progress of this enclosed case. It is a lie that he is scared he might fail and end up not being able to keep Sora alive, but then somehow, he begun to feel that deep inside, he really wants to keep Sora alive. Not because of work, but because he likes being around Sora. She is mysterious but she never hides. Sora is absolutely unexpected, one second, she might be look as if she is ready to roast your alive but next second, you'll see her being soft and tender.

Jungkook turns his side as he recalls their conversation from last night. He was caught off guard when Sora bluntly took him to a park, bought him dinner so that he could feel better. A smile began to curve on his face as he thinks of last night.

Perhaps, living with Kim Sora isn't so bad.

****

Sora stirs her hot coffee slowly as she scrolls the news on her phone. That's her routine every morning, she'll make herself a cup of coffee and took her sweet time to read everything that's on the new. She needs to know the current update and she just want herself equipped with the latest update happening in her country.

"Only a cup of coffee?", Jungkook asked as he walks into the kitchen

Sora almost spilled her coffee when Jungkook walks in wearing a loose sleeveless grey shirt and a pair of knee-length trousers. His hair still messy, eyes still puffed from last night's sleep and his cheeks? Definitely puffier than ever. Sora gulped slowly as she takes in the sight of Jungkook still in his sleeping clothes, casually rummaging her fridge.

"Coffee maker, there", Sora gestured towards the coffee maker, indicating that she made extra.

"Thank you", Jungkook winked as he reached for a mug.

Yes, they have been living for a week now. But the past 7 days, Jungkook was always out early and head to the station to meet his squad. But today? This is the first time Sora saw him fresh out of the bed looking entirely different. He looks entirely like a little kid, with that doe eyes still half-closed as he rubs them, hair spiking every direction and most importantly, that obvious biceps clear for viewing.

Good lord Sora, avert your eyes before you get caught.

"I am following your straight to the hospital today", he said as he sits across the table, in front of Sora.

"You are not going to the station first?", Sora asked as she sips on her coffee slowly

"No, they are coming to see us later. So I will just wait at the hospital"