Chapter 8

Yuri watches as Nana and that male nurse giggles at each other at the corner of the pantry. She just rolled her eyes as she pressed on the vending machine for her coffee. She never likes Nana. None of them does. Not since the incident that almost made Sora lost her job at the hospital.

"Nana broke up again?", Jihye asked as Yuri approaches the table

"Do I look like I care?", Yuri rolled her eyes as she opens her coffee

"I mean, I think I saw her with that detective boyfriend of hers, but then today she is with that nurse?"

"She is a slut for a reason Jihye. I wonder what that Jeon guy sees in her"

"Jeon guy?", Jihye asked curiously

"The detective that is assigned to protect Sora? His name is Jeon Jungkook. He's Nana's boyfriend"

Jihye almost spilled her instant noodle when she heard Yuri's reply. She quickly reached for a napkin and pat on her mouth.

"What? That guy is Nana's boyfriend!? But that girl has been sleeping around. How can—"

"I know. I bet her boyfriend doesn't know", Yuri taps on her coffee as she watches Nana getting too close with the male nurse.

Nana is already tugging on the guy's arm as the guy plays with her hair, their bodies closed to each other leaving no space to breathe. Yuri shook her head as she watches both of them getting it on despite knowing people can see them.

"I thought Nana had a fling with that nurse before this? I forgot his name, Yonghwa or something like that?", Jihye asked as she slurps on her instant noodles

"She did, I caught them sleeping together damn it. It was such a dreadful sight. Why are they getting it on in a hospital? They want to sleep together, got to a damn hotel", Yuri scoffs as she rolled her eyes in annoyance

"But then, does her boyfriend know she is the social butterfly here?"

"I don't know", Yuri shrugs her shoulder as she sips on the last bit of her coffee

"Wait... is that Sora and the detective?" Jihye said as she points at the two people walking towards their direction.

"Sora!! You are done!??", Yuri raised her voice in order to get Sora's attention. Sora glared at her as she approaches both of them. Jungkook bowed politely as his eyes met Yuri's and Jihye's eyes.

"Yes, I am, if I am not done, you wouldn't see me here, walking towards the lift", Sora replied sarcastically.

Jungkook actually saw Nana and the male nurse and he stared at them for quite a while before averting his eyes. He turns to Sora and waited for Sora to finish talking to her friends. He is hurt, there is no point of denying that he is heart broken that Nana seems to repeat her mistake again. Nana has the guts to find another guy overnight and here he is, waiting for Nana if she ever wants him back. He doesn't even know what is wrong with him. Jungkook gulped as he tries to hide his emotions because if he doesn't, everyone is going to see it.

Sora couldn't help but to realize the slight change on Jungkook's face. But she didn't say anything and turns her attention back to Yuri and Jihye.

"Dr Kim, I'll wait for you at the parking", Jungkook excused himself and walked straight to the lift.

Yuri and Jihye watched as Jungkook left without waiting for Sora's reply. Sora looked at him weirdly but then she looks entirely unbothered. But then Yuri quickly pulled Sora's arm down to bring her closer to their eye level.