Chapter 6

Sora couldn't sleep that night, despite being entirely worn out after hours of dreading herself at work, she couldn't even shut her eyes for more than a minute. Her body was too exhausted that she began to feel anxious. She badly wanted to sleep but then her mind keeps wandering about the work at the hospital and, of course, Jungkook sleeping in the next room. It's not like she is attracted to him but knowing that there is another person, a man to be precise in the other room makes her feel some sort weird.

"That's it, I am just going to get some warm milk or something", Sora got to her feet and quickly tie her hair as she walks out of her room.

Her living room was so dark without any light, but she was so used to her own house that she could walk to the kitchen blind-folded. She yawns as she walked slowly towards her kitchen just to realize that she swore she heard the sound of the tap water running. Her heart literally stopped thinking about all the possibilities of people breaking into her house.

But she lives on the 10th floor, how can someone climb to the 10th floor?!

Sora braced herself to walk slowly towards the kitchen and to her surprise, Jungkook was standing at the sink wearing only his boxers that reaches above his knees and his entire torso is visible due to the dim light from the spotlight outside of her kitchen's windows. Sora stood there, as she registers the sight her eyes are seeing and she couldn't even move because she was just too taken aback seeing Jungkook there, half-dressed.

Jungkook turned around and he flinched seeing Sora standing at the door frame, frozen.

"You scared me!", he shrieked

Sora swallowed slowly as she tries to find her voice as she averts her eyes looking elsewhere but Jungkook's body.

"I think I should get back to my room—"

"Are you hungry?", he asked suddenly.

Hungry? Is he crazy? Is he forgetting that he is living in woman's house? And yet he is out of his room wearing nothing but just a pair of boxers? And he asked if I was hungry? What lunacy is that?

Sora couldn't help but to let out a fake cough in order to hide her shaken voice. "Hungry? No, I am not"

"Then why are you awake?", he asked as he place his hands behind him, resting them on the counter.

"Detective Jeon, you do realize you are in my house?"

"Yes?"

"So why aren't you decently dressed?", Sora said faintly.

"This is decent"

Sora inhales deeply as she massages her temple, searching for a proper reply to his blunt statement.

"I am sorry, I was actually working out", Jungkook laughs

"Working out? In the kitchen?"

"No, I was working out in the living room. I came here to get some drinks" Jungkook explained.

"Detective Jeon—"

"Jungkook. Call me Jungkook", he said with a very wide smile.

"What?", Sora asked looking dumbfounded

"You can call me Jungkook", he said as he turns around to the sink, filling a medium pot with tap water.

"Alright then"