Chapter 5

Sora massaged her forehead after hours of meeting and she just stayed in the meeting room whilst everyone rushes out. She adjusted her white coat as she stood up, making sure the crumples don't look to obvious due to her sitting for almost 2 hours straight. She made sure the lights are switched off before exiting the room. To her surprise, Jungkook is there, leaning on the wall just right beside the door and Sora flinched when she saw him.

"For the love of god, can you stop appearing out of nowhere", Sora scoffs as she closed the door.

"What were you doing for the past 10 minutes in the room?", Jungkook asked as he raised his eyebrows.

"Excuse me, were you stalking me?" Sora didn't even bother to turn to Jungkook, but instead she just walked away.

Jungkook quickly catch up and steadied his pace to walk side by side with Sora, making her inched to the side so that she won't bump into him

"It's my job, to follow you around. Don't you remember?"

Sora halted suddenly that makes Jungkook turned to look at her confusedly. He raised his eyebrows as if waiting for Sora to explain why she suddenly stopped walking.

"Oh god", Sora quickly rummage her pocket to search for her beeper. She checked to see if she missed any notifications, but she lets out a long sigh of relief. She puts them back in her pocket and continued walking looking entirely unbothered about Jungkook.

Jungkook shook his head as he realized Sora really don't even care to acknowledge his existence. He just pressed his lips together as he trails Sora's foot steps all the way to the lift.

"You know, it will be a whole let easier if we get to talk normally", Jungkook said as he pressed the "close" button on the lift

Jungkook waited for Sora to reply but he realized she is not saying anything. He slowly turns to look at Sora to see her pinching the bridge of her nose. She had her eyes closed as if trying to hold the pain she is feeling in her head. Jungkook can't help but to lean forward towards to have a look at her face clearer

"Dr Kim?"

"Yes...oh my god. Sorry. I was just thinking", Sora said faintly

"Are you not feeling well?"

"I am fine. Entirely fine", Sora straighten her posture, regaining her senses as if she didn't feel the little pinch of migraine just a few seconds ago.

"Are you sure—"

"I am fine Detective Jeon. You don't need to ask me again", Sora replied sounding entirely annoyed

The lift door opens, and Sora quickly walked out, leaving Jungkook behind. He quickly paced himself out of the lift to catch to Sora. She went straight to the reception table and requested a few files from the nurse and once she got them, she went straight to her room and slumps everything on the table. Jungkook watch as Sora slowly takes out her black full-framed glasses and put them on as she sits on her chair, ready to indulge herself on her patients' profiles

"Are you going to stand there and watch me the whole day?", she asked coldly.

"Apparently, yes", Jungkook said as he casually slumps himself one of the empty chairs near the wall behind Sora.

"You know, I don't really like people watching me while I work"

"You have no choice Dr Kim. You have to accept the fact that you are stuck with me"

Sora lift her gaze as she snaps her file close before turning her chair around to face Jungkook, whom are comfortably laying down on the 3-seater couch now, his head on one end and his legs on one end. He even grabbed a magazine to read while he waits for Sora to finish her shift.