Chapter 18

Sora was leaning on the reception table, talking to Yuri and Jihye whom are at the other side of the table. They were talking about their patients and to be frank, it can be entirely entertaining when you talk about the dumb things your patient says when they are on anesthetic. Yuri was fisting the table as Jihye tells her the things that happened to her last night. Sora too couldn't help but clench to her stomach when she realized Jihye just told her she lost count the amount of times she received a marriage proposal within her 18 hours of working during her shift.

But suddenly, Yuri whom was facing the lift, stopped laughing and narrowed her eyebrows as she caught the sight of Jungkook pacing fast from the opened door lift, heading towards their direction. She swiftly tapped on Sora's shoulder, gesturing her to follow her gaze.

"Isn't that your hot detective? I thought he went to the station?"

"What?", Sora said as she turns around.

Jungkook locked his eyes on Sora as he walked across the stretch of the hallway, not even looking anywhere else but her. Sora tilts her head when she saw Jungkook looking entirely straight-faced, eyes focused on her as he closed the gap between them

"I thought you are going—"

Sora couldn't finish her sentence when Jungkook suddenly pulled her into his arms, hugging her so tightly as if she is going to disappear if he lets go.

Sora froze realizing that he has one hand around her waist and another hand at the back of her head, pulling her closer and tighter into his embrace. She could feel all eyes are on her because obviously, the department lobby, everyone is there.

Everyone is looking at her now. They are looking at her. And Jungkook wouldn't loosen his grip on her.

"J-Jungkook?", her voice stuttered as she tried to breathe calmly

"Why didn't you tell me about Hoseok?", Jungkook asked softly

Her heart stopped.

What?

Does this mean he knows about Hoseok? He knows?

"Jungkook I—"

"I am sorry", he said slowly loosens his grip.

Sora's heart began to beat really fast when she realized Jungkook is now looking down at her with such delicate eyes. He looks guilty, sad and regretful. She gulped as she could feel her face began to burn for being so flustered when Jungkook was embracing her so gently.

Sora looked down at her white shoes, not wanting to meet Jungkook's soft gaze again. She could feel herself going limp whenever Jungkook looks at her with that bambi soft eyes. That pair of soft eyes.

But, the thing is, how did he know about Hoseok?

"Unless you have a rational reason for suddenly hugging me, I won't strangle you", Sora struggled to sound calm.