Chapter 19

Jungkook stood in front of Sora's apartment, contemplating is he should go in or not. After everything that happened at the hospital earlier, he is sure both of them are confused.

He just hugged Sora out of nowhere.

He just felt the urge to comfort her and apologize to her for being reckless and ignorant. He couldn't believe he teased her about Hoseok for weeks not knowing that Hoseok is no longer alive.

Hoseok's death was the reason she couldn't go back to him. She gave some hints and he was too blind to understand.

Jungkook lets out a sigh as he paced himself back and forth in front of Sora's doorsteps. He kept on sighing till he even began to sweat, feeling nervous and scared. Everything, all at once.

"What are you doing outside?", Sora's voice was heard

Jungkook startled and he quickly turn to find her standing a few steps away. She had her blue oversized black sweatshirt reaching her thighs and she is wearing her usual black tights. Sora always wears anything that is comfortable. And of course, her sneakers.

Jungkook gulped as he looks at her looking entirely adorable in that big sweatshirt that made her small frame invisible.

Oh god Jungkook, you have a serious matter to take care of and you're admiring how she looks now?

"I am asking you, why are you outside? You forgot the combination?", Sora asked again calmly

"No, I was just...taking some fresh air. I thought you were inside?"

"I was but I went out to get some milk", Sora walks casually towards the door and pressed her combination.

Jungkook didn't say anything as they both walked in. Sora went straight to the kitchen leaving Jungkook at the living room alone. He couldn't believe he is tongue tied now. He wants to talk to Sora about what happened earlier but then he began to doubt if Sora wants to talk about it.

She looks unbothered and fine. Could it be that she didn't even think about what happened between them?

"Dr Kim, I wanted to apologize about...your ex-boyfriend. I am sorry that I teased you a lot about him not knowing about his—"

"It's okay. You didn't know. Not your fault", she replied without turning around.

Jungkook stood at the doorframe, trying to hold the urge to walk up to her and embrace her all over again. He loves it when they are close. He loves having Sora around her. Knowing about Hoseok, it brings out all his protective urges out in force. He wants Sora to turn to him, be the one she needs but tonight seems different, Sora sounded distant and cold for some reasons.