14. Two Alpha Males

Start from the beginning

"Hi." Noah leaned towards me and asked, forcing me to look at him.

"What?" I spat.

"You look like shit." he whispered in my ears, indicating towards my light brown sweater. "Alicia the Pooper, rocking her nickname since birth."

I scrunched my nose in disgust. "You are filthy Noah."

"I know princess. And there are many dirty things I can do to you." he whispered again, leaning closer. "All you have to do is ask."

My eyes widened at the meanings behind his words and my cheeks heated up. I stabbed the pen in my hand on his jeans-cladded thighs and he winced in pain.

"So kinky Ali." he chuckled and I muttered some muffled curses at him.

"Go to hell Noah. There is a special place for people like you in there." I said through clenched teeth.

"That special place is your bed sweetheart." he retorted, making me seethe in anger.

"If you both can't shut up then go bicker somewhere else. Not everyone is interested in your childish banters." Adam intervened, looking angry as ever.

"What crawled up your ass and died dude." Noah grinned at him and even I couldn't stop the tiny smile appearing on my lips.

"Your brain I guess. It was so fed up of you not using it that it chose to die instead." Adam answered.

Adam's grey eyes glared into Noah's green ones. The latter were filled with mischief while Adam's eyes were brimming with a strange hatred. Their exchange only broke when our teacher entered the class and started his lecture.

After the class ended, Adam was the first one to leave the class, followed by me. We were supposed to buy the material for our project today. He texted me to be there after last class but the way he dashed out, he had probably forgotten about it.

"Adam! ADAM!" I cried out, trying my best to match with his pace.

"What?" he almost barked when he found me following him.

"Umm.." his tone took me by surprise. "We.. We were supposed to buy the material."

"Uh.. Yeah. Let's go." he said and started walking again. We both reached the parking lot where I had parked my car. His bike was nowhere in sight which meant it was broken again.

I offered him a ride back home. Surprisingly, he slided in the passenger seat without making a fuss about it this time. I revved the engine and turned the car towards the stationary shop.

After buying every item from the list, we sat in the car again and I started the drive. "You don't like Noah much. Do you?" I started the conversation.

"What is there to like?" Adam retorted and I nodded in agreement.

"Is it because what he said to me that night?" I spoke when curiosity rose inside me.

The corner of his lips lifted a little and a little humor flickered inside his beautiful eyes. "Don't give yourself too much credit Alicia. Not every thing is about you."

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment and I turned my gaze back to the road."

...

In the evening, Sophia picked up Emily and me for shopping. We went to the mall to buy our outfits. The three of us decided to wear black for the club. Emily chose a red dress for her while I found a cute black dress. Sophia picked black too, just like me, which was right according to her style.

After dress shopping, we sat down to curb our appetite in the food court.

"I am really excited." I said when I looked towards the shopping bags.