Chapter 1

Sora stares at the tall man sitting across the table without blinking her eyes .She just gulped as she digest everything this man just said. She sighed as she pressed her dry lips together, tugging on her white coat she has on for the past 18 hours. She even still smells like iodoform. Well, her entire existence smells like iodoform.

"Wait, what do you mean I will be guarded at all time.. Mr..?"

"You can call Kim Namjoon, or Namjoon if that makes you comfortable", he replied with his deep masculine voice

The tall man with a wavy ebony hair gelled to the back, exposing his forehead flashed the most earnest smile in contrast to the bad news he has for Sora. He has a black leather jacket on and Sora could see the gun holster wrapping his defined waist. She looks at the man again and wonder how tall he might be with that freaking height that makes her feel like dwarf.

"Dr Kim?",Namjoon said as he tilts his head

"Let me rephrase what you just said, so the patient I had to rescue last month is actually a witness to a murder. A vip case? Is that what you call it?"

Namjoon nodded as he puts his hands on the table in front of him.

"Things got mixed up and I am now targeted? Whatever that means. You are saying I am in danger, is that it?"

"Yes. And therefore, Inspector Min ordered this case to be confidential until the witness recover and fit to testify as a witness in court", Namjoon explained slowly.

Sora inched backward, staring blankly at Namjoon as if everything he just said sounds foolishly untrue but yet she knew this must be entirely serious because her room is now guarded with two other policeman outside and there is another one standing near the door, arms crossed on his chest, attentively looking at her. He is definitely taller than her and that broad shoulders is wide enough to slap her whole existence if she ever bumped onto him. She brings her attention back to the papers strewn on her working table and then she lifts her gaze to look at Namjoon.

"Okay, I understand, so what are the regulations or perhaps the agreement to this?"

"And that Dr.Kim, we will let the detective to explain to you because I think it is better if he see you face to face"

Sora tilts her head as she narrowed her eyebrows, "You mean that guy?"

Sora points at the detective leaning on the wall beside the door. Namjoon shook his head slowly and curved a smile. "That is Detective Kim Taehyung, he is my partner for today. The one that will be meeting you later today is Detective Jeon Jungkook"

************************************

"What is with all the frowns and whining Dr. Kim?"

Sora turns to look at her friend, Dr. Kang Yuri walking into their resting room. She removed her coat and dressed in only her blue scrubs. She has been wearing the previous pair of scrubs for more than 20 hours, so she showered and changed into a clean pair of scrubs.

"It's about the case", Sora replied weakly

"It's still on going? You just saved a man on a moving helicopter and now you are targeted. What is wrong with the world?". Yuri frowns as she reached for her sandwich.

"The problem is. I don't like men"