11. Into the Woods

Start from the beginning

"I'm just.. groggy." I lie. "I just need to wake up."

********

All the boys passed down here. Most left like usual. Jin is the only who stayed. Jimin is coming home in about four hours and Taehyung is still upstairs, probably sleeping.

Right now, I'm in my room, getting changed to go downstairs with Jin. I don't know how extreme it's going to be yet, so I put on a loose tank top with a sport bra and leggings.

Because I sure as hell am not training in shorts and bra.

I skip down the stairs to meet Jin in the kitchen.

"Ready?" He asks, not looking up from his book.

"Yessir." I say and he stands up, smiling as he walks past me to go the basement.

We walk past the four chamber door and into the fifth, entering the familiar circular stone room with the dark, deep paintings. He presses the tile and reveals the door, gesturing me to go inside.

"Like I said, we're gonna start lighter today. We don't want to overwork your shoulder so it doesn't heal." Jin explains.

"Like what?"

"Depends." He taps his chin thoughtfully. "Does it hurt to stomp?"

I stomp on the ground with my right foot. It sends a small, throbbing sensation to my wound, but it doesn't exactly.. hurt.

"It doesn't hurt, but I can feel something." I shrug a bit, hoping it's good enough to at least start running.

"What is it?"

"I don't know. It's like a painless throb. Like a heartbeat." I say. "It's subtle though."

"Okay." He nods. "We can probably get you on the treadmill today. Agility like the ladder might be a different story, depending on how it feels after running."

I nod, silently thanking god.

"All right, lets get you to work, killer."

*******

Jin finally presses the button to slow the treadmill. I thought that it would be just a normal speed for a normal period of time. But this is sprinting forever. I keep pumping my legs, my lungs burning, begging me to stop.

The treadmill slows for me to jog and he keeps it there for about two minutes before stopping it.

I pant and step off, grabbing a water.

"I've never done that before." I blow a sharp breath out.

"Oh really?" He raises an eyebrow. "You seemed to take it pretty well. How do you do it?"

"Like half an hour of a light run. A few times a day to stay in shape."

"Oh well here we go hard and fast."

I snort, choking on my water. Jin gives me a look.

"Sorry." I laugh. "My mind isn't pure enough to hear that."