Wildcat- Fade away

This story is based off of the Avengers Infinity War

Ever feel so happy that nothing in the world could go wrong? That's how I feel when I am around Tyler. We are so happy together, perfect for eachother. We spent every minute together when we had the chance. On our two year anniversary, we decided to go for a vacation in new york to celebrate. It was around noon when we set off to grab some lunch. Our hands were intertwined together, like nothing could ever separate us. As we passed people on the sidewalk, they would smile thinking that we were cute together. You could just see it in their eyes. It was both of our first time in the big apple.

"We are almost there, to your surprise" Tyler said softly, looking into my eyes with his sky blue ones. I smiled up at him and softly nodded "okay, I trust you" I spoke softly yet happily. It was a little hard for me to speak after yelling and having fun at my first concert the night before. Tyler let off a small laugh and wrapped his strong arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer into him. I've never felt so safe as I do in his arms. We soon end up at a little cafe with roses and lilies all around, my two favorite flowers. Tyler brings me inside and we both sit down in the window seat, which had a beautiful view if I do say so myself. One of the baristas walked over and set down Tyler's black coffee and a Pumpkin spice latte for me. She smiled and walks away after telling us to enjoys. I looked at Tyler slightly confused "But we didnt even order yet. How did she know what to get us?" Tyler just smiled as he looked at me "Don't worry. It is part of the surprise, just enjoy it, Baby girl." he said calmly.

I just smiled and nodded as I took a sip of my drink as we began to small talk. Tyler soon cleared his throat and began to look a little nervous. "Hey Baby girl, we have been together for two years now. A lot has happened in that time. Good and bad times but we made it through them. I love you with all my heart and couldn't imagine a life without your and your cute laugh with that sweet smile of yours. " he said as he softly creased my soft cheek as he continued " and I never want to leave your side. I know your mother passed away a year and a half ago and I want to share all of my family with you. I want you to know that you are loved by many but no one can love you as much as I do. And because of that I want to ask you a very important question" he said as he got up and came to my side. He got out a little velvet box and got down on his knee. "Will you always be my and only my baby girl by marrying me?" he asked and opened the little box that held a ring.

I could feel my eyes tearing up as my hands quickly covered my mouth. I quickly nodded and said yes as many times as I could with my weak voice. I gave him my left hand as he slid the ring on. I quickly fell to my knees and hugged him as everyone in the cafe began to clap. I smiled so much and couldn't take it off my face. It felt like it would never go away. One of the male baristas called for everyone's attention and pointed at the TV as he turned the news up. Tyler pulled me into him, protectively as we watched. The news man was reporting about the aliens that the avengers were currently fighting. He said to keep close to loved ones and to be safe. He mainly focused on staying indoors as much as possible. I turned to look outside and softly gasped at the sight. I held onto Tyler tightly and spoke out of fear "T-Tyler, outside"

Tyler looked down at me before looking outside. All we could do was sit there and stare as we watched some of the people turn into dust and disappear. "A-are they dying? Being teleported? What's happening Tyler? I'm so scared right now" I said softly. Tyler hugs me tightly "I don't know honey, I really don't know but I promise you. I will protect you with my life and keep you safe. Nothing will happen to you. That is a promise." He said as his eyes were focused outside. We heard a lady in the cafe scream, causing everyone to turn their attention to her. She looked so scared as she turned into dust, her glass dropping to the ground before shattering across the floor. 4 more people began to fade away as well. Tyler quickly grabbed my hand as we ran out of the cafe. We ran as fast as we could away. Everywhere we looked, people were disappearing before our eyes. We soon ran into an alleyway where Tyler slowed down and came to a stop. He looked at me worried before speaking, breathless " I love you so much baby girl. "He hugged me as tight as he could. " I am so sorry" he said before something felt wrong. It felt like Tyler was fading away. I looked up to see he was turning into dust.

"Wait! No tyler! Don't leave me! Please! Your stronger than this! Please stay with me!" I cried as tears streamed down my cheeks. Tyler just gave me a small smile and softly spoke "I love you baby girl" Those were his last words before fading away. I fell to my knees, sobbing. I cried all alone for a few minutes. There was a soft pain in my stomach and slowly grew and began to spread. I looked down at my hands as I start to notice that they were turning into dust and flew away with the soft breeze. It began to spread and take more of me. "I love you, Tyler!!" I screamed before the dust took over. There was a darkness. It was so cold and so quiet. It was so lonely. It felt like this for days. I was so cold and left so alone. I felt myself giving up."no! Wait! Baby girl! Don't go! Open your eyes!! " I heard tyler yell, faintly. It was so soft that I barely even heard it.

"Tyler?" i said softly and began to look around, hope slowly growing inside of me. "Tyler?!" I yelled this time and frantically looked around for him. I slowly stop looking for him, unable to find him. A soft hand came out of nowhere and took mine into it. It was so soft and so bright. "Come on baby girl, your strong. You can do this. Just open your eyes! Please!" Tyler's voice begged, sounded like he was trying his best to not cry. I felt warm yet wet drops of water on my face. "What do you mean? I don't understand!" I yelled out. I looked at the warm hand and softly pulled on it. To my surprise I began to see a little more of it and some light. The arm was so bright in this dark place. The more I pulled on the arm the more light came through. I tightly closed my eyes and pulled as hard as I could. After a moment I opened my eyes and there was white everywhere. I looked around for a moment then up at Tyler. Tyler pulls me into a tight hug with tears rolling down his face. "Thank you! Thank you so much! I don't know what I would do without you" He softly cried into my neck. I softly hug him back for a moment.

"What's going on? " I asked as I let him go. He just stared at me for a moment before softly speaking. "well....We all were pulled into this place. It was all dark at first but when we all basically woke up, we were here. Some people weren't that lucky sadly" He said as we looked at a man crying, holding a lifeless woman, assuming that his wife didn't make it. I held onto tyler as tight as I could, scared. "Tyler, I don't want to fade away again." I said softly. He softly kisses my head. "Don't worry, I won't let you."