Vanoss- work blows

I sigh softly as I rest my head on my hand, staring out of the window.  I was starting to space out instead of working.  I was trying to imagine something to impress my boss for the newspaper, yet nothing was coming to my mind.  I began to tap my foot without realizing as a figure soon came up behind me.  "Soooo, I need those papers we talked about today on my desk before the end of today.  Yes, Yes, I know I said by Friday, but we don'have time to wait on your lazy ass.  Also, today I asked for a HOT vanilla chi tea with whip cream, NOT a luke warm vanilla chi tea with no whip cream. don't mess up next time" he said before walking off.  I rested my head on my desk and sighs "shit" I mumbled in frustration to myself.  

I slowly slid down in my chair as random things flows in and out of my mind.  I soon come up with an idea. Recently, there has been this person, this vigilante who is saving Los Santos.  No one knows his name or who he is.  All that is known is that he takes care of the bad guys and keeps us safe.  He also wears a owl mask.  I came up with a few ideas for names to call him. I pull out a piece of paper and writes down some names, crossing off the ones hat doesn't match the mysterious hero.  

 I slowly wrote down the names;

'owl boy' no.

'bird guy' worse!

'owl  man' maybe, getting better.

'night bat' well, he isn't a bat. He is an owl.

"Night Owl" I mumbled and smiled widely, instantly falling in love with the new name.  I quickly start to type out what Night Owl has done and what I knew about him so far.  Soon a large hand rests on my shoulder. I flinched and looks back to find Evan Fong there, smiling at me. "so what you writing about? Who is this Night Owl?" he asked, curiosity ringing through his voice. I smiled softly and felt the excitement building up inside me.  "Well, Mr. Nosey, he is this amazing person who has been running around Los Santos, saving the innocent and putting bad guys away.  All that is really known about him is that he wears this owl mask and works with some sort of cat" i smiled. Evan coughed "raccoon" he mumbled.  I softly tilted my head to the side.  "Excuse me?" I asked softly as Evan slowly shifts in to a defensive stance "well, the person working with the Night Owl is actually a raccoon."

I smirked and rolled my eyes and turns back to my computer "sure sure.  If you say so, but we dont really have any clear photos of either of them" I commented as I typed.  I heard a soft hum coming from behind me, by Evan.  "well, why dont we go and look for them and get a photo.  you know, together" he said. I slowly turn my chair to face him with a fake shocked expression across my face.  "Evan Fong, are  you trying to ask me out on a date?" I asked and tried my best to hold in a giggle.  He looked away and scratched the back of his neck "Well, I dont have a single clue what you are talking about"  I stood up and started to walk towards the printer.  I grabbed the papers, sliding them into a folder.  I looked at Evan as he followed me, like a lost puppy, wanting an answer.  I just shrugged and walked into my boss's office.  Evan follows behind me then stops as the door.  He watched me enter the room and slowly close the door. I took a deep breath before handing my boss the article.  He quickly flips through it before slamming it down on on his desk.

He looks me in the eye "you?! you out of all people calls this a paper? an article to be published in the newspaper? No, not just any paper!" He yelled and stood up.  He began to pace back and forth with pride in his voice. " I run the paper for Los Santos with pride! this is not some wimpy school newspaper or some sort of  school report. This is the Los Santos Newspaper! It is for the whole city and surrounding cities!" he said before sitting back down in his over sized chair. "look" he said softer  "I know you went to college to become a reporter but we all can not be reporters. You have to step up your game or we have to let you go and let our Emily /not  you. your good/ take your place.  " He shrugged and turns the back of his chair towards me. "my hands are tied (y/n). Dismissed" he spoke and waved his hand.

I walked out of his office and softly closes the door. Evan was there with a worried look. "well? what did he say?" he asked softly, his words covered with concern.   I softly shook my head and walked towards my desk.  I sit down and looked up at Evan, knowing he followed. "I might get fired soon unless I can impress him, but how?! This is the reason I went to college, so I can write and let my voice be heard instead of doing something and becoming a nobody" I sighed as I felt the hope drain out of me. I noticed Evan shaking his head before kneeling down to me. "No, no,no. Dont say that. None of that is true.  I love to read your stories, even though the boss  wont publish any of them.  I know you can do it.  "

I softly smiled and looks at him in the eyes "Just give  up Evan, there is no way I can impress him.  I know you are trying but what will impress that man?" I asked asked.  Even thinks foe a moment before his eyes lights up. "well, you are writing an article on Night Owl, right?" he asked softly.   I slowly nod as he stands up "If you want, I can help you wright an article on him.  And I can find a way for you to get an interview." My eyes started to light up "really?! No way!" I cheered in excitement.  He just smiled and nods, looking away. "Go to the park at midnight tonight. Ill get him there for you" he said softly and smiles before walking away. 

I turn to my computer and starts to type up and create questions for Night Owl.  My smile starts to fade as I listen to a few co-workers in the next room start to talk about Night Owl.  They were coming up with questions and helping each other make an article, stealing my idea!! And I knew who was leading them all.  Emily. She always takes my ideas and writes her articles before me! Well this time I will have an interview and  photos! Something they do not have. This job may suck, but you know what? It is my job and I am going to become the best with Evan on my side!