lxiii.

Jimin's POV

The streets were dull, but not quiet. Everyone was busy on their own errands, while I walked towards nowhere in particular.

I couldn't take my mind off Taehyung's question. I haven't decided yet, and honestly, it's such a big choice.

I fished out my phone, remembering about my friend, Jungkook. Maybe some friendly talk could ease my mind until I can decide on my own.

Pressing his name on the screen, I placed the phone on my ear.

"Hyung?"

"Jungkook-ah, are you busy?"

_________________________________________

Calm and serene, it was the ambiance of the classic bar. Not too noisy, although my mind is still in chaos.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Jungkook slided a glass of white wine towards me.

I gulped it down, "I talked to him."

"Talked to who?" He asked, drinking in his own glass.

"Taehyung."

"So what happened?" Jungkook poured me another shot.

"Apparently, he broke up with his long time girlfriend." I paused, drinking the shot, "and I guess his feelings for Saerin came back— no, it was always there."

"And he asked for my help."

"Oh. What are you planning to do now?" Jungkook says, gesturing the bartender for a bottle.

"My brain knew this would happen in the future.. seeing them gradually coming back to each other's arms after being miles apart for a long period of time, I eventually knew some feelings were forming..." I gulped down another shot.

"And it hurts. It always did." I heaved out a deep sigh, frustrated from the bottom of my heart.

"It's been a long time— but I still can't seem to master the art of letting her go."

"The only reason why you don't want to let go of who's making you sad is because she was the only thing that made you happy," Jungkook spoke, his eyes glistening with sincerity, and every word from his mouth cutting me deep.

"It's the least I could do for her before I finally let her go. I'll make sure she's happy, she's fine." Tears were welling up on the brim of my eyes as I spoke once more.

"I'll make sure my princess is fine."

I sighed once again, chugging down the glass of white wine. "I want to be strong."

"For what?"

"Strong enough to see her happy with someone else."

"If being with Taehyung makes her the happiest, then I'm willing to set her free. In the first place, she was never really mine."

"Isn't that too much for you to handle, hyung? It's like breaking your own heart," Jungkook says, concern tainted in his tone.

"I guess I love her too much that breaking my own heart for her would be worth it."

Art Of Letting You Go  ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara