xii.

[italicized paragraphs
are still flashbacks]

Taehyung's head was internally spinning, his sight was fading.

In every blink of an eye, it was blacking out. He walked across the street, hearing the last noise — a car horn.

"H-hospital?" I mumbled, now listening really close to every word Mrs. Kim was about to say.

"Hello, this is Dongsan Hospital. Is this Kim Taehyung's mother?" A female voice spoke through the call.

"Y-yes?" Mrs. Kim's voice trembled.

"Please come here, your son was rushed into the emergency room," She replied before hanging up.

"It was heartbreaking — seeing him like that. He was in comatose for six months."

"But what really tore me — was when he woke up.." She paused.

"Not remembering me."

[-that's right, another amnesia ff brought to u by mi— but hey don't blame me dudes, this xad plot was stfvllnv's idea :> -]

"I'm sorry, your son is diagnosed with Retrograde amnesia." The Doctor informed before leaving.

"It was only the start of the hardships I went through taking care of him — but I think it was harder for him."

"He had a hard time trying to remember basic things like speaking straight, even his own identity.."

"He had to have homeschool alongside with his therapy.. Later on, Taehyung studied a new course.." She paused to look at you.

"You know his first course was Arts right?" She managed to smile slightly at me and I nodded.

"Omona, what time is it?" She looked up at the wall clock and quickly stood up.

"Wow, our story time took an hour," she chuckled, "You must be hungry."

"I actually am.. I missed your delicious cooking, eommonim," I complimented and she shyly thanked me.

"Alright alright, make yourself comfortable while I make dinner," she patted my shoulder and I nodded.

I couldn't help but wander around the house, or should I say - condo unit.

"May I look around, eommonim?" I asked and she yelled out a "sure" from the kitchen.

The first room I entered was Mrs. Kim's room. There was a big frame on the wall, a picture of their family.

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, with a 12 year old Taehyung in the middle. Taehyung looked very innocent and young.

Taehyung's father died at an early age — but Mrs. Kim was an independent woman, who still managed to raise Taehyung up to what he is right now.

I can definitely say she did a great job.

The next room I entered was — Taehyung's room.

First thing I saw was the mysterious painting on the wall.

A silhouette of a girl and a boy, on the edge of a mountain, with a beautiful scenery of the glowing sunset.

Honestly, it was not that mysterious.

This scene looked familiar.

It was my last day in Seoul before my flight to London tomorrow.

Now I found myself sitting near the cliff of a mountain — staring into the sunset, next to my bestfriend, Taehyung.

Taehyung was oddly quiet.

"Y-yah, why aren't you speaking? Say something, it's my last day with you!" I whined and he turned to me.

I was shocked to see him crying.

"Are you.. crying? Aww," I cupped his cheeks, "you are such a crybaby."

"Don't worry, I promise, I'll come back!" I assured.

"Promise?"
He held out his pinky.

We're not kids, but okay.

"Promise."
I intertwined my pinky finger with his.

He scooted closer to me and hugged me. "Don't take too long, okay? I can't live without you~"

"Aren't you a little overreacting?"

I've never seen him cry like a kid - and actually cry this much. He was clingy, but this time, he was the clingiest.

"Stop crying," I ran my thumb gently under his eyes, wiping his tears.

"Taehyung," I smiled at him and he looked at me, still teary-eyed.

"Wait for me, okay?" I reassured and he frowned followed by a small nod.

He frustratedly ran his fingers through his hair and then pulled me close.

He kissed my forehead.
"Saerin, just don't go.."

| A/N |

| A/N |

hwaiting until this book reaches 1k :<

stfvllnv | taehyungxii