xliii.

"Thanks," I muttered as Taehyung handed me a bottle of water.

I gulped it down and looked ahead. "We're halfway to the peak."

"How do you know? Have you been here?" He curiously looked at me.

I sighed and nodded, not bothering to explain. "We should resume climbing if you want to see the sunrise."

I walked ahead of him. I didn't know why but I felt like my chest became heavy when he asked.

I'm still not used to the pain of him forgetting our memories.

I walked up the steep trail, feeling my breath hitch. I stopped and stood still, panting.

"Are you tired? Do you want a piggyback?" He cheekily grinned.

"I'm.. alright.." I said in between heavy breaths.

"Ah, you're not," He crouched down infront of me.

"You'll.. regret this... I'm heavy," I said as I hopped on his back while his arms supported my thighs.

He was quiet as he walked through the trail up to the peak. He didn't even stop, as if he was not tired at all.

"Hey, you can put me down now," I said as I tapped his shoulder.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded before he carefully let me down.

I turned to him and saw sweat trickling down his forehead even though the weather was cold.

I wanted to wipe the sweat but a part of me hesitated. It would be awkward—

"Can you.. uh.." Taehyung mumbled, holding a towel.

I pursed my lips and smiled, clearly flustered since it was exactly what I was thinking about.

I took the towel from him and gently rubbed the towel on his sweating forehead.

"Thanks," He murmured as his face turned red. I giggled at the cute grubby Taehyung.

We continued our way up to the peak as the sky was slowly lighting up.

"Hurry, I want to see the sunrise~" I sprinted, just a few steps away from the peak.

I felt my ankle slip over a stray wooden twig, as I lost my balance.

I closed my eyes tightly, expecting to fall over but instead, like a perfect movie, I landed on Taehyung's arms.

His arms were wrapped tightly around me, and I could feel tension rise.

Taehyung's stiffness faded when he pulled me closer, keeping the embrace.

"Look." He pointed at the sunrise which was just infront of us.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I stared at the ethereal sight. It was so beautiful, but then a hallucination came into my mind.

A boy and a girl were sitting on the edge, while the boy was crying. I knew it was a figure of Taehyung and I in the past. I blinked once and it was gone.

All I could see was the sun slowly rising in the east, replacing the moon.

Taehyung's POV

I felt a memory struck my head.

My gaze at the sunrise averted to the charming girl infront of me.

She was watching the sunrise, yet I watched her.

I didn't notice how a single tear left my eye. I feel my head sting as I close my eyes, resting my chin on her shoulder.

"Can we stay like this for a while?"