lxi.

Mira's POV

I stood outside the cafe, heart accelerating as I saw a brunette sitting on the corner. Her figure is similar to Saerin according to the photos I've seen of her and she looked just as nervous as me.

I took a deep breath and then entered the café, the aroma of caffeine intoxicating me.

I walked over to her table and she quickly stood up when she saw me.

I smiled— or did I? All I knew was I tried to greet her politely. She had a warm smile on her face.

"Did you order your coffee? I'll wait for you if—"

"It's fine, I won't take too long," I smiled as we took a seat. I cleared my throat before speaking. I didn't want to cry infront of her.

"Let me get straight to the point."

"Taehyung..." I paused, my chest once again tightening at my own words, "He loves you."

"W-wh—.. I don't know what you're talking about..." Her face was painted with confusion, and I saw how her lips trembled.

How could she not believe, though?

"N-No.. Taehyung.." Saerin mumbled silently, "Taehyung loves you, not me."

I forced a chuckle, "it's a little complicated."

"Please enlighten me," She politely said. She's being very formal and polite and I feel like I don't deserve it.

I smiled and took her hand in mine, realizing it was shaking, "Taehyung had loved you, from the very start."

"But he—"

"Yes, he had amnesia, which affected his brain," I paused, " And not his heart."

"Don't worry, I expected this the moment I knew about his first love. You're meant for each other, and I support that."

"I don't know what to say—" She blabbered, words barely understandable.

A faint smile crawled up to my lips, "Do me a favor, Saerin."

"A-anything, Mira.."

"Promise me you'll make him happy the way you used to." My heart was torn apart only because of my own words.

"I promise.."

"I am willing to sacrifice for him to be happy because his happiness is enough reason for me to be happy."

"I'm sor—"

I cut her off, "Never apologize for loving someone."

"I should be the one apologizing," I paused, a shy smile on my face, "because at some point, I kind of hated you.. and that you were just a stumbling stone for my relationship with Taehyung.."

"And that.. you don't deserve him." I sighed at how pathetic I was back then.

"But that was before when I was still mindless. Honestly, I really admire you, Saerin. You deserve every bit of Taehyung."

Saerin was speechless, and I didn't want to make her any more comfortable.

"I should go now," I smiled and stood up, as she did too.

"Goodbye—" I was taken aback when she hugged me.

I pursed my lips as the tears that were welling up in my eyes- had finally fallen.

"Please take care of him for me." I muttered and pulled away slightly, smiling at the girl who had owned Taehyung's heart which I once owned.

I had finally let go to cease the pain.

Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.