lv.

Taehyung's POV

I couldn't stop staring at the painting of a boy and a girl on a mountain hung on one side of my room.

I was told that I painted this, but not a single memory proved it.

I stepped closer to the painting, losing my balance on the bed and accidentally moving it.

I was a little astounded when something slipped out.

I picked it up and saw a familiar face on the picture, squished with mine.

Saerin and I looked silly. She looks cute with her eyes on me though.

But how did this polaroid get here?

Most importantly, why did it come from the painting?

My wonders were interrupted when my phone chimed a familiar ringtone.

Namjoon Hyung calling...

"Hello—"

"Taehyung, we need to talk." Namjoon said in a quick and very serious tone which made his voice deeper than usual.

I sipped on my tea as Namjoon and I sat down on the living room.

"Taehyung..." He started.

I looked up, met by his intimidating gaze. I swallowed a lump as I raised an eyebrow, placing the teacup down on the table.

"Saerin and I met earlier," He looked away. Am I going to get scolded again?

"Do you know Saerin was crying because of you?" He asked. He's telling me the same thing as Jimin.

"S-so what..?" I lied, acting like I was not guilty at all when in fact, I could feel my heart ache even just hearing her name.

"Back then, she was your world, your everything. You were so in love with her, and she never knew. Everytime I saw you with her, your happiness was always unmeasurable. When you met her, I really saw how much you changed — positively. You—"

"Hyung S-Stop, I don't have time for the same old scolding," I stood up angrily and tried to walk away, different emotions eating me up.

"Can't you see? She's hurting!" Namjoon yelled, making me stop in place.

I hastily turned around, my emotions bursting out of my chest.
"She's not the only one hurting in this situation!"

"I'm struggling too because I can't even remember what happened before, and even if I want to, I can't!"

"You don't know how much I hate myself just because—" I stopped myself.

"Just because what?" Namjoon's voice fainted.

"Just because..." I sighed.
"I'm starting to fall in love with her."

"And I feel like she's the missing piece of me, eversince I had amnesia, I always felt something missing. I thought Mira filled the missing piece.."

"But when I met Saerin.. ironically for the second time, she was different. Everything changed. I feel like I'm finally whole, as if I never had amnesia. She makes me feel something I had always looked for.. but.."

"Then what's stopping you?" Namjoon held my shoulder.

"But I have Mira.."

"I don't want to hurt her, that's why I'm trying to hold back my feelings for Saerin, because I know Mira doesn't deserve that kind of pain."

It's like choosing who to hurt. I want to save both of them but I feel like Saerin replaced Mira. I want to follow my heart but I know my conscience won't let me.

Namjoon sighed, patting my back gently, "Mira loves you, she'll understand."

I'm going crazy. It's so complicated.

"If you love her, tell her. Don't wait until someone else gets her because you'll regret it."

FLASHBACK

Mira's POV

I sat on Taehyung's bed, watching as he slept with a cold wet towel on his forehead.

I pulled the blanket over him and smiled. He's so fragile.

I averted my eyes to the painting hung on one side of the wall. It was a girl and a boy on a mountain, background painted like the sunset.

I was always so curious about who it was. I'm pretty sure it's not me, since it was already there before I came.

I scanned the painting, looking for a name or something. There was not a single sign of the girl, although there was Taehyung's name on the corner.

I twisted the frame and peeked behind it, only to find what I was looking for.

Taehyung's handwriting, and written there was 새린 사랑.
Saerin My Love

There was even a polaroid that fell out.