lxvii.

The appetizing smell of grilled food lured us further into the night market, various types of Korean Street food lined up on both our sides.

I made my way to the tornado potato vendor as Jimin followed behind me. "Can we buy this one?"

Jimin nodded, handing the vendor a bill as she gave us two servings.

I joyfully strolled around, looking at every single street food we passed by. We were quiet, because both of us were focused on eating.

I was almost finished with the whole stick of potato when I spotted odeng-guk, or fishcake soup.

I sprinted over to the vendor and took a moment to stare at the mouth-watering food. It looked so delicious.

"This one too?" I turned to Jimin, who was only halfway through his tornado potato.

He didn't hesitate and pulled out another bill, paying the vendor who handed me a skewer of fishcake.

Food makes me excited, and sometimes, when I eat too much, I am often mistaken as drunk. Fortunately, Jimin here kept me busy - with food.

"Want some?" I asked Jimin but he shook his head, biting off the last of the potato.

He stopped at the Grilled Cheese Lobster vendor and grabbed one for himself.

"Do you want one?" Jimin asked and I shook my head with a smile, still halfway through my skewed fishcake.

We both ate quietly until our stomachs were full. Jimin and I were now sitting inside the car, drinking water to complete our digestion.

He turned on the engine and started to drive.

I was a little sleepy but I tried to keep my eyes open. I noticed that Jimin took an unfamiliar path, so I asked him.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see later."

__________________________________________

I fluttered my eyes open as I felt the car stop. I looked around, finding us in a place that looked oddly familiar.

"Why are we here?" I asked, turning to Jimin who was currently grabbing something from the backseat.

"I just want to unwind," He said.

"Jimin, I swear— if you're going to kidnap me I don't have a ransom," I jokingly said, chuckling hysterically.

He looked at me in disbelief and laughed as he raised his arms up in surrender.

We both got off the car, surrounded by trees. Nature felt so near, as the cold breeze blew the night away.

It was past eleven when we began to walk the trail up to the peak.

Later on, Jimin broke the silence that had been occuring since awhile ago.

"Are you cold?" He asked.

I shook my head, half lying as I shivered for nth time.

He giggled softly and took off his thick beige coat, resting it around my shoulders.

"You'll get cold," I muttered in concern.

"Hey," He silently mumbled.

"Promise me.." He paused and stopped his pace as we were almost at the peak, "you won't cry when we get to the top."

My jaw hung open in confusion and curiosity. "What do you mean?"