xlii.

I was about to lay my head on the pillow when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Did I wake you up?" A deep male voice answered.

"Taehyung?" I asked since I guessed the voice belonged to him.

"Saerin-ah, are you busy tomorrow?— I mean today since it's past twelve.."

"I'm not busy, why?" I don't know why I can never reject him - but I really don't have anything to do today anyway.

"Can you go with me to Mount Achasan?" He asked, and his question honestly startled me.

"That's why you called me at this hour?" I paused, "Sure, but of all places.. a mountain?"

Mount Achasan? Mount Achasan..

I remember too many memories. It's the last place we went to before I left for London.

It also reminds me of the painting in his room.

"Hmm, I just wanted inner peace.. and a mountain seems to be a peaceful place," He explained.

"I see. So, when are we going?" I asked.

"Can I pick you up.. in an hour?"

"Alright, see you," I said before hanging up.

I found myself smiling as I looked up at the ceiling. It feels like a dream. Something inside me still hopes he would remember our shared moment there.

The way he begged me not to leave.

I wore a cozy attire, accompanied by my thick padded jacket. It's cold so I also took some hot packs inside the backpack I prepared.

I'm a little excited - but I won't be too excited. I don't want to end up getting hurt again.

My phone buzzed, revealing a text message from Taehyung.

I grabbed my phone, shoving it into the pocket of my jacket as I exited my bedroom.

I took a piece of paper from the note pad and wrote down a note for Jimin.

good morning jiminie, you're probably wondering where i went ㅋㅋㅋ i'll be back soon, please don't worry too much'

I stuck it on the fridge and carefully made my way out of the apartment. It's sleeping hour, so I tried to be as quiet as possible.

My eyes were a little drowsy but I tried to fight it back, reminding myself of a long day that's about to come.

What's better? I'm spending it with Taehyung.

I went through the quiet hallway and stepped out of the apartment.

The first thing I saw was Taehyung leaning on the lightpost with his hands inside his thick coat's pocket.

"Hey," I muttered, catching his attention.

He smiled and walked towards me.
"Are you sleepy?"

"Jogeum," I shyly mumbled.
[ a little ]

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this," He apologized, sincerity visible in his eyes.

"No, it's okay! I wanted to come there too," I chuckled.

"We have to walk to the subway station since I can't spot any taxi around," He looked around the street.

It was a little far but as a Korean, I'm used to walking long distances.

We entered the station and fortunately, it only took a few minutes until a subway which was heading to Achasan.

I sat down beside the window while Taehyung sat across me. There was a table in between us and the train was empty.

I felt my eyes droop as the train started to move. My eyelids closed and I lost balance, almost falling sidewards but Taehyung quickly moved over to sit beside me.

I wonder how he did that when the train is moving.

I shook my head and widened my eyes, trying to keep myself awake.

"It's okay, you can sleep." He tapped on his shoulder, "I'll wake you up when we get there."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded and gave me a reassuring smile. He placed an arm around me, pulling me closer.

I hesitantly layed my head on his shoulder, until sleep took over me.