xliv.

Saerin's POV

"I really love watching the sunrise," I felt inner peace as I smiled at the view.

"Why?" Taehyung asked out of curiosity.

"Because whenever I feel like giving up, I remember there's still a sun that will rise and I could still keep going, even though there are a lot of ups and downs along the way."

I reminisced about how I almost gave up on my medical school. I had the hardest time studying every single type of disease to the point I wanted to give up.

"When I can still see the sunrise, it means my journey hasn't ended yet and I still have a chance to change and be a better version of myself."

"You're amazing, Saerin. You deserve your title as a doctor," He smiled and patted my back.

"Can you ever stop loving someone?" Taehyung asked. That was honestly a bit random.

We ended up asking each other random questions as we sat on the edge of a cliff.

"Love?" I turned to him, "you never stop loving. Once you love someone honestly and truly, you will never be able to un-love them. You only find someone you will love more."

"At that time, your old love will not feel so strong, but your heart will never let you forget something that ever made you happy."

"I agree with you, but once you find someone you'll love and will love you forever, the pain will not be so painful," He smiled.

I internally sighed before asking a risky question. "When are you planning to get married?" It's as if I'm pointing a gun at myself.

"Oh, right. I'm planning to propose to Mira when she comes back."

I felt my chest ache, my entire body weakened by his words.

I smiled, "if you need help, I'm here."

Yeah, like what they said...

Love isn't selfish.

He stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me to stand up as well.

"Thank you, Saerin."
I was shocked when he hugged me tight. It lasted for a long while.

I love you too much to let you go but if it's the only thing that would make you happy, then I'm willing to set you free.

I'm ready to lose because it's the only thing I can do.

I chose to go because someone else is making you happier.