1. Run

—————————————

—————————————

I can't sleep without the scene flashing through my head. It never leaves. 11 years with the same memory reenacting through my brain like it only happened yesterday.

I turn over and watch the clock. Three more hours. I turn once again onto my back, staring at the blank ceiling. Three more hours until I leave for training.

Then I hear a popping noise outside. I jump to sit up, hearing yelling and crashing outside the door. Then more popping. Gunshots. I reach under my pillow, grabbing my handgun and cocking the hammer back. I crack the door open to see the three of my bodyguards laying on the ground along with my trainer, Amar. Glass is scattered everywhere, blood sprayed all over.

No. He couldn't have found me.

Then I see him. A knife to my brother's throat. My eyes widen. My chest tightens and I cant breathe. The fear on his face reminds me of the fear on my sister's. I fight the tears that threaten to rise.

I step out of the room, my barrel not leaving his direction.

"Put the gun down, Y/n." He says with a disgusting grin on his face. I make eye contact with Seho. His eyes are filled with panic and fear, but urges me to obey to Hyun-Shik. My eyes sting and I click the safety off of the gun, aiming it away from him.

"Now take the clip out." He snarls and I hesitate. Seho lets out a pained whimper as Hyun-Shik presses the edge of the blade onto his throat a bit harder, leaving behind a shallow red cut.

"Okay!" I raise my voice. My hands shake at I release the clip from my gun.

"Good Y/n. Now slide the gun over." I obey and give him a pleading look.

"Let him go." I say, trying not to show any panic, but my shaking voice betrays me. "Please."

"No." He grins once again, showing his crooked teeth. "Not until you hand yourself over." He tilts his head. I don't trust him, but I'm desperate. Seho is all I have left. "Hyunsoo has been waiting for a long time."

"Fine!" I say and Seho shakes his head.

"Y/n no!" He cries out, but I ignore his protest.

"You really think you could hide from us forever?" He chuckles.

"Just let him go." I plead and Hyun-Shik nods. Then two strong arms wrap around mine. I tense up and try to push them off, but he's too strong.

"Take her out to the van and get her ready. I'll take care of her brother." Hyun-shik says carelessly and my eyes widen. I kick out at Hyun-shik but I'm too far away.

"What?! You said you'd let him go!" I scream and Hyun-Shik smiles. "You bastard!"

"Sweetie, you're the only one we needed. Everyone else was disposable." He gestures at the fallen bodies and smirks. "That includes your brother." My stomach drops and he slashes the knife into Seho's throat. I scream and tears start to fall.