Lame excuses

This is my first Fanfic story ever so I'm sorry if it's bad. I'm open to any suggestions that you may have-Hope you enjoy!!!!

              Sophie walked through the the shimmering white hall leading to the healing center at Foxfire. She had been wandering around for sometime now since the beginning of lunch taking a long route to her telepathy session because she didn't want to see Fitz at that particular moment. Today she was supposed to tell him her secret but she didn't want to seeing how she thought that there was no chance that he would like her back. And that it would end in a disaster and they would lose everything that they had worked for.As she ran her hand along the wall, she realized where she was. "Maybe I can talk Elwin into letting me go home" she thought."That would be a good way to get out of this." She turned around and backtracked to the door of the healing center and opened it. Elwin was sitting at his desk in his office when she walked in. " Hi there Sophie" he said, giving her a small wave and a big smile as he turned around to see her walking in. "What did you do this time?" Elwin got up and started to reach for his glasses when she spoke up. "Actually, I was wondering if there was a way that you would be able to send me home, or at least let me skip telepathy" she said, taking a seat at one of the cots in the room." Well I don't exactly have the power to send you home without an emergency but I could keep you in here and you could talk to me about anything you want. I even have some mallowmelt" he said, picking up a rather large container and showing it to her. "That sounds good to me" she said, and for the rest of lunch and telepathy, she sat eating mallowmelt and talking to Elwin about life and some funny memories they had at the healing center. Before she knew it, the bell was signaling that it was time for study hall, so she packed up, thanked Elwin for his time and mallowmelt, and headed to study hall. As she turned the corner of the hall, she heard someone with a deep accented voice call her name." Sophie, are you alright?!? Why weren't you at lunch or telepathy?"the boy asked, closing the distance between them. Oh great. Just the person she wanted to run into.NOT.  "Yes Fitz I'm alright. I just didn't feel up to telepathy with the headache I was having and I wasn't hungry either, so Elwin helped me out." Which wasn't a lie entirely, given the fact that she didn't feel up to telepathy and Elwin helped her feel better, just, she didn't have a headache. 

           "Ok..well do you want to come over today and do today's lesson? I mean your last secret can't be that bad right?" Wrong. It could turn their whole lives around. She didn't want to lose this small bond between them all because she couldn't get over a crush. "Umm...I don't know...I mean I do have some homework that needs done..maybe if I get that done I'll come over." She said,turning away and walked to study hall, leaving him in shock.

      After study hall, Biana ran up to her and invited her over. And Sophie said yes. "Just make sure that Fitz doesn't see us.. I kind of told him that I had homework and that I couldn't come over right now." Sophie felt a little guilty that she had turned down Fitz then accepted his sister's offer, but maybe Biana could help her figure somethings out. "Oh..umm ok, do you want to talk about it. Because if he did something to you, I'll punish him for it," Biana said, looking genuinely frustrated with her brother's behavior. "Actually yes I do want to talk about it, except it's not him, it's me," Sophie explained. And with that they leapt to Everglen. As they neared Biana's room, they were stopped by Biana's mom, Della. "Oh hello Sophie. I didn't realize that you were going to be coming over today," Della exclaimed. "Let me go get some snacks ready and I'll be right back up to deliver them." As soon as Della disappeared down the hall, Biana opened up her door and lead Sophie inside." Alright. What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?",Biana asked closing her door." Umm I wanted to talk about Fitz. I'm supposed to tell him that I like him because that's my last secret but, I'm scared to I mean, what if he doesn't like me back the same way. It could ruin everything that have worked to accomplish." Sophie was pacing now, and didn't stop until Della knocked on the door. " Ok girls, I brought you your snacks." Della handed them over the platter and started to walk out when Biana stopped her. "Mom, please don't tell anyone that Sophie is over. Can this be our little secret?" Biana was holding her mothers hand rather tightly. "Yes it can be our little secret" Della said smiling at her daughter. "What secret?" Fitz asked from down the hall. " it better not have any thing to do with me." Fitz was getting closer, so Biana told Sophie to hide in her bathroom until Fitz was gone. As he stopped right outside Biana's door, he leaned against the frame and narrowed his eyes at the two of them. "Umm...just...umm something to do with umm..umm my umm wardrobe," Biana stammered looking for an excuse. "Uhuh" Fitz said, clearly not buying her lame excuse. " I thought one of you mentioned Sophie and wanted to know if she is here because I would like to talk to her." Just then, they all heard a crash in the bathroom to see what it was. Fitz crashed through the door and stared at the mess on the floor. Some of Biana's hair products were on the floor, some of the glass bottles were broken and the brightly colored liquids were spilling out.  Fitz threw open the shower curtain and looked through all of the drawers and cabinets before stopping and looking at his sister and mother. "What? Why aren't you helping me, or at least worried that something made these crash", he asked, confused at their behavior. "Well obviously there's nothing here so you can get out of my room and leave me alone." Biana snapped, glaring at her brother hard. He threw up his hands in defeat and left the room, shutting the door behind him. "Alright Sophie, you can come out now. He's gone." 

I hoped you guys I joyed this. Again this is my first fan fiction and I'm open to any suggestions you may have 

-KT