A Drunken Mistake - I don't think anything can spoil this moment

Depuis le début

“Of course, we can’t buy a house without a Kyle and Amy room, that would just be crazy,” she laughs now, looking more relaxed with the situation.  

“Exactly my point,” I smile at her as we get in my awaiting car.

The whole drive home, I cling to Katy’s hand, loving the feel of it in mine. I’ve missed having it there.

“Are you in labour or something, because the way you’re gripping my hand anyone would think that,” Katy teases me.

It’s then I notice I may have been squeezing the crap out of it.

“Sorry, I’ve missed holding your hand,” I say as I bring it up to kiss.

She smiles at me as we near her apartments, her eyes loving and her smile sweet. I really want to kiss her right about now.

She leans over, taking my face in her hands before staring at every last inch of it in turn.

“There are no words Dylan Thompson to say how grateful I am that you came into my life, to say thank you for saving me too many times to count. There are no words to describe just how much I love you and how much I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” she sighs as she stares into my eyes, her unique colouring causing me to drown in them.

I reach up my hands to hold hers, stroking them as hers stroke my face.

“So how about I start with this,” she says before her lips attach to mine.

She kisses me gently at first, slowly, savouring every taste and kiss. The feel of her lips on mine is one I’ve waited too long to have.

Then the kiss becomes passionate, urgent, and raw with need. All the days I’ve spent without her mount to this, this one kiss, and I’m putting everything I have in it.

The fireworks set off like the Fourth of July, the fire inside of me like a bonfire. I will never get over this feeling.

She pulls away gently, each breath she breathes fanning my face.

“I’d say that’s an excellent place to start,” I wink at her as we make way to get out of the car.

I hold onto her hand once again as we make our way to the building doors.

I see the two police officers in their car, eyes trained on the building. As we walk past, they give us a nod to tell us that things are clear, she’s safe.

Jason sweeps the doors open for us, a smile the size of Texas lighting up his face. It seems he’s missed Katy just as much as we did.

As soon as she’s through the doors, he pulls her into a tight hug, clearly pleased she’s home safe and sound.

I’ll be honest though, the way he’s holding her as he hugs her, makes my blood boil just a little. I know he likes her as more than a friend, it’s obvious to anyone.

Finally they pull apart, the smile on Jason’s face practically splitting his lips.

“Are you okay, what they hell happened to you?” he asks frantically.

“Hey I’m fine, don’t worry about me, Dylan found me,” she turns to smile at me as she reaches to grab my hand.

I smile down at her loving the fact that the smile on her face right now is directed at me, is because of me.

“You did good man,” Jason says while reaching his hand out for me to shake.

I take his hand cautiously, not knowing why he’s suddenly being so friendly with me.