3. Warm, Fuzzy and Wet

Start from the beginning

"I said leave her alone." Adam's smooth voice roared which was followed by a frustrated sigh from Justin. After a moment, he turned around and left the hallway.

Adam turned around and looked into my eyes again. And one more time, I felt myself losing in them again. To be honest, I was never attracted to someone's eyes until now. Not because of the color but the mystery and coldness inside them. As if he had turned his emotions off like they used to do in The vampire diaries.

His gaze held me static. I felt warm and fuzzy and wet. Wait what? Wet?

That's when I realized that a cold liquid was trailing down my forehead into my eyes. After a moment of confusion, it finally dawned upon me what just happened.

"I hope this will teach you the concept of personal space." he muttered in a low, angry voice and threw the empty juice packet on the floor. He walked away from me without casting another glance and I just stood there, with my mouth hanging open.

...

"Why didn't you tell me before that you were getting bullied?" I shouted as I slipped into my spare T-shirt.

"I.. I thought you would leave me." Emily's small voice emitted from inside the changing room. "All my friends have left me too."

"Well, my apologies but if your old friends were too afraid to stand up for you, they were not worthy of your time." I cleared as she came out of the changing room. I passed her the hairbrush and she ran it through her wet hair.

"I am sorry Alicia. I dragged you in my mess." she lowered her head and whispered in a low tone.

"Don't be stupid Emily. You are my friend and that's what friends do. They stand up for you." I defended again.

A soft smile appeared on her lips and she muttered a small thank you. We picked up our bags and made our way towards our next class. Fortunately, neither Justin nor Chloe attended US history today.

"Emily?" I leaned towards her desk when the teacher was not looking. "Do you know this Adam guy?" I asked.

"He is bad news Ali. Stay away from him." she said in a low voice.

"Huh?"

"All the students avoid him because there was a rumor back then. I don't know if it is true but I have heard that he is involved in some street fighting and gang shit. He is often seen around those forbidden streets." she informed me in detail.

Gang?

"But he attends every class and answers every question. These are not a badboy's trait." I objected.

"I don't know what to believe Alicia. But there is always a little truth behind these rumors. I-"

"Miss King. Miss Parker. Can you please stop your chitchat?" Mrs. Miller called our names and we both straightened in our seats.

...

"Why? Why God? Why did I chose AP calculus?" I lamented. From the last hour, I was trying to solve the homework Miss. Fins gave us. That explains why I was about to bang my head against the wall.

"Your mother loved Maths." Dad called from the kitchen. "I on the other hand, never scored higher than B during my high school."

"But dad, I don't want to settle for B." I pouted, closing the notebook and keeping it aside.

"Always so competitive." Dad teased.

"Like father, like daughter." I smiled proudly and made my way towards the kitchen.

"Why don't you ask your teacher for extra classes?" he suggested, putting the lasagna inside the oven.

"That's the issue. The teacher sucks." I rolled my eyes.

"Language Alicia." He warned.

"Oops." I grinned.

After the dinner, I picked my notebook up and trudged back towards my room. Entering inside, I picked up my guitar and started playing the new tune I was working on.

Same old crap!

Placing the guitar back in its place, I flopped down on my bed and hugged my knees. The events of today came rushing inside my mind. Adam's face flashed in front of my eyes and I heaved a sigh. There was something strangely captivating about the way his hooded eyes pierced into mine. And his hair, his silky soft hair. How would they feel under my touch?

Ugh. Stop glorifying him. He insulted me in front of the entire school just because I collided with him, not to mention by mistake. He is crazy. I should stay as far away from him as possible.

I was about to pull the covers over me when a loud thumping sound pierced my ears. I hopped out of the bed and opened the window of my room. The voice had come from outside. I looked towards that room but the lights were off.

When I looked down towards the ground, my eyes met with a masculine figure lying on the ground in front of that maroon house. It looked as if someone had just jumped from this window facing mine. The figure stood up, dusted the dirt off his hoodie, looked around to see if someone was watching and then ran towards the other side of the street.

Who in the God's name was that?

"Alicia." Dad called and I jumped in surprise. "What happened?" he walked towards me and passed me a cup of milk.

"Someone just... Umm.. Nothing important." I shook my head and sat down on the bed again.

"Oh. Well, are you free this Sunday?" he asked.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged and gulped down the milk in three big sips.

"Great. I have invited the neighbors for dinner. I thought it would be better if we get to know each other." he told me and closed the windows.

"Sure Dad." I smiled. He patted my head and turned the lights off.

Wait. Dinner with neighbors? That means I'll meet that hot guy I have been stalking, I mean err accidentally watching.

Great.

___________________________

Writing a teen fiction is more difficult than I had thought. :(

How is the chapter?

And what do you think of Adam?