--------

Later that afternoon, I play with Caleb and Arianna.

The end of the world couldn't keep me away from my family these days. I realize how important it is to spend time with them, after I've come out of jail.

I bounce Arianna up and down. My face is meant with her baby drool, and my ears are greeted with her loud screams.

"Ewww!" I squeal at her playfully. "You've got spit all over me, little girl."

She gives me a toothless grin, and starts flailing her arms everywhere.

I put her back in the play pin, and grab Caleb. I start repeating the same routine I did with Arianna, and I am pleased to hear his infectious little baby laugh.

My brother and sister really are adorable.

I continue to play with them until they fall asleep, and then I put them in their crib for a nap.

When I go back downstairs, I stretch out and watch tv. I have it all to myself, because most of my siblings are out. They're either hanging out with their friends, or they're at their various different practices.

The only people home are the twins, Dad, Brian, and I. Even Nana was out and about.

I turned the channel to E, and am pleased to see that Keeping Up With The Kardashians is on.

"I want to know what Khloe was going to say!" I yell at the tv, when the show goes on a commercial break.

I shake my head at myself. Reality shows really do make you forget about your own life for awhile, but it makes you a little crazy as well.

As I'm waiting for the stupid commercials to be over, I hear my phone chime.

I'm really surprised to see a text message from Grant.

Grant: Hey, it's been awhile. I think we should hang out. Pick you up in 10?

My heart flutters rapidly. Grant and I haven't hung out since that day we were partners in Global Issues. I kind of expected us to get back together, now that people know the truth, but we didn't. That stinks, because I want to tell him I'm in love with him. He's seems really distracted and stressed out lately, and he hasn't been at lunch. The only time I've spoken to him since I've been released, was when I apologized about the whole kissing him thing. I really wasn't sorry, but you know I try to keep the peace.

I quickly text him back, after I snap out of my thoughts.

Me: Sure!! Let me go get ready.

I run upstairs, and throw on the cutest clothes I can find. I settle on dark denim jeans, and a purple top with a lace on the back. I comb down my hair, and glance at myself in the mirror. "Not to shabby'' I say to myself, and run downstairs. Good thing I took a shower earlier, because I didn't have a lot of time.

I chew on my nails anxiously as I wait for Grant. I wonder why he wants to hang out. I hope he confides in me about what's been going on with him lately, I really want to help.

The doorbell rings, and I throw open the door.

"Hey Gr-" I stop short when I realize it wasn't Grant standing at the door.

Standing in front of me was a petite girl, with long brown hair that appeared matted and greasy.

"Hi I'm Lauren, and you must be Brian's sister." She says enthusiastically.

I smile at her. "Yes, I'm Christen. Please come in." I say stepping to side, and allowing the girl to walk through the door.

I begin to smell something extremely unpleasant. I sniff, it's coming from the girl. This girl is Smelly Lauren, the one Brian took to the Sophomore Ball. The one that doesn't bathe.