Princess Zelda's Plight

The team ran back to Hyrule Castle as fast as they could. The princess was awaiting their arrival, letting out a sigh of relief as she saw them walk in. "Princess Zelda, we are back." Link called out. "Ah! Link and company! You all have been gone for two days...I was worried sick." "Princess...there are four of us looking out for each other. You have no need to be worried." Link reassured her.

"You're right...what was I thinking?" She smiled. "So...how's the Fire Temple?" "Nothing is the matter, however, he stole the Fire Crystal..." Cloud explained. "The Fire Crystal? Why? I thought he had everything he needed to retrieve Ganondorf..." "Maybe so...but he probably isn't only planning to bring Ganondorf back...maybe he has an even darker scheme planned." Link suggested.

"I wouldn't be surprised..." Zelda said. "Zelda...the man had attacked Zora's Domain and left, meaning he's probably long gone. Have you gotten any reports of attacks?" Link asked.
Zelda looked down. "Link...he attacked Kokiri Forest..." Link looked upset. "He got my home..." Sakura comforted him. "It'll be okay..." "I hope you're right..." She patted him on the back. "Let's go..." Princess Zelda looked at Link as he led the others out of the castle, feeling sorrowful that there wasn't more she could do to help. "I know that I am the princess of Hyrule, but I cannot just continue to stand around and do nothing to aid in their quest." She thought to herself. She then recalled Link's explanation of the events of his first quest, how he mentioned that she had assisted him under the guise of a Sheikah. She then called for her attendant Impa, who arrived immediately. "What is it, princess?" "Impa, do you think you would be able to train me in the ways of your people?" Impa looked at the princess with a concerned face. "Why? Is something the matter?" Zelda looked at her and nodded. "With everything currently going on, should Ganondorf return, I believe I, too should be taking a stand against him." Impa then nodded. "Should he return, we would need as many people on the frontlines as possible. We shall speak to your father about this." Impa then took Zelda to see the king, ready to discuss her training.

Meanwhile, Link led his team across Hyrule Field. As they approached the forest, they were suddenly attacked by some strange looking creatures, known as Peahats. Link was shocked. The field had been cleared of them for years now at this point, so he was caught off guard. "Hyrule has been relatively peaceful as of late...so the monsters must be sensing evil in the air..." Link explains. "Ganondorf's presence must be already returning." "Don't get too far ahead of yourself, Link. I'm sure Zelda would've mentioned him if it was." Cloud says, trying to keep the young hero in check. He could notice the distress in Link's demeanor, as his usual calm and collected self was slowly turning into distress, likely due to the uncertainty of his hometown's current state, feelings of which Cloud could certainly relate to. Cloud then used a cross slash on the peahats and scared them off. Link then looked up at Cloud, who smirked at him. "Can't do it all by yourself, Link." Link smiled. "Thanks for the help!" He then showed them the way to the forest.

When they reached it, all of the treasure was gone. "He did it again...well...at least my home is intact...anyways, welcome to Kokiri Forest. This is my hometown." He showed them around. "So this is where he grew up..." Sakura thought. He introduced them all to Saria, and even Mido, having reconciled after their past. "Hey Link! How have you been?" Saria asked Link, with a big smile on her face, "Pretty good." Link responded, smiling back. "Well, it's great to see that you're back, even if it's for a short time.." Saria frowned. "You know, I've really missed you.. It's very lonely without you here." Link then walked up to Saria and patted her head. "I'll try to visit more if it makes you happy!" Link grinned at the now blushing Saria. "R-really? Thank you Link!" Saria's face suddenly lit up. "They're really close.." Sakura mumbled. "How long do you think they've known each other? They seem inseparable." Sakura asked as Link and Saria continued their chit chat. "Why does it matter? Are you worried your boyfriend is gonna cheat on you?" Cloud teased. "N-NO WAY! HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" Sakura yelled, catching Naruto's attention. "YOUR BOYFRIEND!? YOU GUYS ARE DATING!?" Naruto yelled angrily. "I'M GONNA KILL LINK!" Naruto screamed, about to jump on top of Link, before Sakura dragged him away and slammed his face into a rock. Then she turned to Cloud and gave him a death stare, making him shiver. "OW OW OW!! SAKURA, WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" Naruto whined. "Idiots.." Sakura groaned. "What are you dimwits blabbering about?" Link crossed his arms, turning away from Saria, making sure that his team was in check. "I guess we should focus more on the mission." Link sighed, turning back to Saria. Link asked Saria about the man, and she said that he most likely went to the Forest Temple. So Link led the team into the Lost Woods.

"Man...it's dark in here..." Naruto said. "I'm SO tired! Can't we just sleep already till' it gets bright outside?" "I brought a tent." Cloud said. "We can sleep in here until morning." "Sounds great to me." Link said. So Cloud set up the tent and they all prepared to go to sleep. "Good night team." Link said. "Good night." The other three replied. Everyone fell sound asleep...except one person.