Down In The Slums

The team navigated the Midgar Slums to the rebuilt Sector 7

The team navigated the Midgar Slums to the rebuilt Sector 7. Cloud was carrying Naruto on his back, as he was still unconscious, and Sakura disappeared without anybody noticing. Link pointed out Tifa's 7th Heaven. "Is this the place?" Link asked. "Yeah." Cloud replied. They entered the building and Naruto slowly awoke.

"Where are we...?" The Uzumaki asked. "At a friend of mine's place." Cloud replied to him. Tifa looked over the counter. "Cloud?!" She ran over to Cloud and hugged him. "It's been awhile, Tifa." Cloud said, smiling. "I know...but who are these kids?" She asked. "These are my comrades for the current mission. Link, Naruto and Sakura." Tifa looked at Cloud, confused. "You said three names, but there are only two people." Cloud looked at the two. "Oh no..."

"Where's Sakura?!" Link asked, frantically looking around for her. "I think I know where she may be..." Cloud replied. He was about to lead the two out, when suddenly Tifa grabbed his arm. "Don't go yet...Barret wanted to see you when you got back." "Oh...well, I suppose I could go see him real quick." Cloud pushed a button on the arcade machine and it moved, revealing a secret elevator. He signaled for Naruto and Link to follow.

When they got down, they walked into a meeting amongst the members of AVALANCHE. "Ah, Cloud's finally here. He brought some kids with him too." Red XIII said. "A talking dog?" Link said. "I'm not really a dog. More of a wolf." Red XIII replied. All of a sudden, Barret came in and slapped Cloud. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" "I'm on a mission, remember?" Cloud replied to the angry Barret. "Oh. Well we've got some bad news. Some knucklehead revived Shinra, and they've repowered the Mako Reactors." Barret told him. Cloud facepalmed. "It just never ends..." Cid then stood up. "Tomorrow we're takin' the Highwind to their headquarters over on Mount Nibel. We're gonna bomb 'em like there's no tomorrow!" "Sounds good enough to me." Cloud replied to Cid.

Meanwhile, Naruto was arguing with Yuffie. "HEY, YOU'RE TOTALLY RIPPING OFF MY STYLE!" He shouted. "Heh, as if! You're ripping off ME." "How could either of you be ripping each other off when you've just met?" Link questioned the two. "She's literally wearing ninja gear." Link facepalmed. "So I guess ninjas just suddenly are exclusive to their world."

After the meeting, Link, Naruto and Cloud left the 7th Heaven to find Sakura. "So you said you might know where Sakura is?" Naruto asked Cloud. "Yes. And it's no place for a girl like her." The team walked deeper into the slums.