A Love That Transcends Dimensions

The team rented out two rooms. Naruto and Cloud decided to share a room while Sakura and Link shared the other. It was late, so everyone decided to call it a night...except for Sakura. The girl could not fall asleep, no matter what she tried, so she woke up Link.

"Hey Link..." The girl said. "Ugh...yes?" The boy sat up and looked at Sakura. "I can't sleep...there's too much going on in my head..." Link stood up. "Why don't we go on some rides?" He suggested. "Sure...that sounds great."

The two snuck out of the hotel area and were immediately spotted by a man. "Congratulations! You're our 100th couple tonight! The 100th couple gets to participate in tonight's show!" Link slightly blushed while Sakura's entire face went red. "Um...w-we're not a couple, sir." Link said. "Nonsense! Get out there and wow the crowd!"

The two were forced onto the stage, where there was a play happening. The cast members were Link as Alfred, the hero of this story, Sakura as Princess Rosa, a king, a dragon animatronic, a wizard, and a knight.

Long, long ago...
An evil shadow appeared over the peaceful kingdom of Galdia...
Princess Rosa was just kidnapped by the Evil Dragon King, Valvados. What will become of her?
Just then, the legendary hero, Alfred, appears!!

Link stepped out onto the stage and was immediately approached by the knight. "Oh...... You must be the legendary hero...Alfred!" "Indeed I am!" Link said, raising his sword into the air. "I knew it in my soul. Please... please save Princess Rosa! Now......Please talk to the King!!" Link nodded and approached the king.  "Oh...legendery hero, Alfred. You have come to save my beloved Rosa...on the peak of a dangerous mountain...dwells the Evil Dragon King, Valvados... who kidnapped Princess Rosa...But... you can't beat the Evil Dragon King now! Talk to the one who can help you..."

Link approached the knight. "You there! You will assist me in my quest!" The knight then followed suit. "I am...a lowly...knight. How...can I help you?" "I need you to help me defeat the Evil Dragon King!" The knight nodded. Suddenly the narrator started speaking.

Oh what is going to happen next! Oh...Legendary hero...look!

The Evil Dragon King suddenly appeared, with Sakura in his clutches.

"Gaaaaaaaah! I am the Evil Dragon King...Valvados! I have not harmed the princess... I have been expecting...you!" Link readied his blade, preparing to attack. "Please save me, legendary hero!" Sakura called out, her acting being very on point. "Gaaaaaah! Here I come, Legendary hero...Alfred! I already know...your name!" "Oh you do? Well then, let's make this battle a battle of the ages! Now, knight!" The knight threw himself at the Evil Dragon King, but was immediately knocked out. "No! Knight!!!!" "Gyahaha! What now...Legendary hero!?" Link then ran over to Sakura and took her hand, proceeding to kiss it, causing her to slightly blush "Why Li- I mean, Alfred..." "Arrggaahhh!! Curses......The power of...love!!" The Evil Dragon King was then defeated, the animatronic being lifted off the stage. "Oh...look! Love has...triumphed!" The king announced. "Now let's all return... And celebrate." The cast, including Link and Sakura, all proceeded to twirl behind the curtain as it fell. 

Oh, how profound is the power of love... And so the legendary hero Alfred and our Princess Rosa live happily ever after. 

The crowd went wild, as the play was considered a huge success.

Link and Sakura then left the stage and noticed that the gondola ride was open. Link and Sakura entered the gondola and sat down. The scene was quite romantic, and it got Sakura's heart pounding. Now's my chance...it's now or never!  Sakura thought, making up her mind on finally confessing her feelings for Link.

"Look, Sakura!" Link said pointing at some racing Chocobo. "Wow! Maybe we can ride on them someday?" She suggested. "Yeah, maybe!" Link sat back down. All of a sudden, Sakura got up and sat down next to Link. "Hey Link...I have something important to tell you..." Link could notice how deep her blush was. "What's up?" He looked as though he was ready to accept anything at face value. She looked straight into his eyes, and sighed. 

"I-I know this might seem sudden, considering everything that's happened leading up to this moment and all but...I've been thinking a lot lately, and recently came to the realization that...I love you Link. I'm madly in love with you." Link's face became a very deep shade of red. "S-Say that again...I don't think I heard you correctly.""I said I love you, Link." She took his hand and blushed. "Can I also tell you something important?" Link asked. Sakura nodded. "Anything..." She had tears in her eyes, thinking that this went horribly wrong. "I feel the same..." was all the boy said. Sakura thought she was dreaming. "You do...?" 

"Yes...I do...you were there for me every time I felt like I was at a breaking point on this quest...every time I was hurt, you tried whatever you could to heal me back to strength..." Link's words were genuine. "And when I told you about that girl I liked...I mean loved. I was talking about you. " Sakura's face was as red as a tomato, and she couldn't contain her happiness so she did something unexpected.

She leaned in and kissed his cheek. Fireworks went off outside and the gondola came to a stop. 

"So are we like

"So are we like...a couple now?" Link awkwardly asked, never really having been in a romantic relationship (of his own will at least) "Of course we are! I mean, I just kissed you for crying out loud!" Sakura facepalmed, but she also smiled a bit. "You're so dense...but in a way that's cute, unlike Naruto..." Link smiled a bit more. It's funny...I never thought I'd fall in love with her when this quest began...but... I guess I'm glad it ended up this way. Sakura then snapped Link back into reality. "Hey...as much as I'd love to spend more time with you tonight, going on more rides and such, we should probably get back to our room." She said. "Yeah..you're right." Link was slightly disappointed, as he wanted this moment to last forever, but he reluctantly agreed. His now girlfriend took his hand and they returned to their room, sharing a passionate kiss before heading off to sleep.