Onward to Midgar's Ruins

Cloud and Naruto had finished playing most of the games that the Gold Saucer had to offer, after which they returned to their room. Naruto hopped into his bed and laid back. Cloud, on the other hand, was writing in a small notebook at the desk.

"Yo, Cloud. Whatcha writing?" Naruto asked. "Oh? This is my personal journal. I'm writing about how my day was and what I did. It's a hobby of mine."
"Huh, coolio." Cloud began finishing up his journal and went over to his bed on the other side of the room. "You should get some sleep, Naruto. We have to get moving tomorrow."

Naruto nodded and closed his eyes. The two fell asleep. Early the next day the team woke up. Cloud loaded the newly repaired buggy while Naruto helped. Link and Sakura came out of the Gold Saucer holding each other's hand while smiling and blushing. "What's up with you two?" Naruto asked.

"Well...we're dating now." Sakura said, while holding Link's hand. Naruto flopped onto the ground in shock. "WHAAAAAAAT?!!!" The Uzumaki was seriously paralyzed by that last sentence, as he fainted mere seconds later. Cloud picked him up and placed him in the back seat of the buggy. "Well, congratulations you two. I saw this coming back in the Leaf Village." Cloud chuckled as he hopped into the front seat. "Hop on in. The middle seat is open for two." Link and Sakura climbed into the buggy, while Cloud got it started. Afterwards, they set off toward what was left of Midgar.

The team later arrived at the port town of Costa Del Sol

The team later arrived at the port town of Costa Del Sol. Here, they loaded the buggy onto one of the cargo boats and rode across the sea. As they rode, Link walked over to Naruto, who was still unconscious. He grabbed a nearby blanket and covered the Uzumaki with it. He then sat down on a crate, practicing with his ocarina. Cloud, on the other hand, was out on the top of the boat. He wanted some fresh air after being cooped up in a buggy all day. While he was up there, he began to think about some things.

Tifa... I'll be back soon... Cloud then looked at his arm, removing the bandage he had on. There, on his arm, was Geostigma, a disease created by corrupted Jenova cells, which he got from killing Sephiroth just a few months back. And this pain has only gotten worse...damn you Sephiroth...I can't wait to settle this once and for all... Cloud remembered Aerith's death, and how Sephiroth used him to get the Black Materia. I can't wait to make you suffer from the same pain that you've caused everyone else...

 I can't wait to make you suffer from the same pain that you've caused everyone else

The boat finally stopped at Junon Harbor, at which the team took a break. Naruto seemed to be in a deep sleep, and wouldn't wake up for a while. The team stayed at an inn for the night, and continued on their way the next morning.