A Dimensional Crisis

Link ran across Hyrule Field in record timing. He rushed through the Market, and past the Hyrule Castle guards before they could greet him. Inside, he runs straight to the princess's chambers, where Zelda was waiting for him. "Hello Link...I'm sorry that I summoned you to the castle under such short notice but...we've gotten reports from various locations across Hyrule about a strange figure running around stealing powerful relics from the land. In fact, we've been contacted by people claiming to be from other dimensions reporting the same figure committing similar acts."

"But...why would he want relics? Is he planning on selling them all or something?" Link pondered on the thought for a moment. "I thought that as well...until I realized what he was stealing...the relics that the ancient sages used. Ones that break seals...so I think they are trying to bring Ganondorf back to Hyrule."

"Alright! Just give me the word and I'll be on my way." Link was about to leave, but Zelda stopped him before he could. "Link...remember how I said people from other dimensions were also dealing with this thief...they told me to send their greatest warriors alongside you on this journey..." Link sat down on a chair, confused as to what the princess meant. Two doors opened and out stepped three people. Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno of Konoha and Cloud Strife of Nibelhiem.

"HE'S the Legendary Hero?" Cloud said, scoffing. "But he's a kid. Pfft. I'm not interested." Meanwhile, Naruto had a few things to say. "WHO'S THIS IDIOT?! What ninjutsu do you know?" Sakura punched Naruto, sending him into a wall. "I'm sorry about him...he's not the brightest" She smiled sweetly at Link. "My name is Sakura Haruno...what's yours?" Link smiled back. "The name's Link!" The Young Hero studied her mannerisms, while proceeding to look at Naruto, who was on the floor screaming at Cloud for whatever reason. "What's your name?" Link glared at Naruto, clearly irritated by his shouting. "Me? I'm the one and only Naruto Uzumaki, future Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village, believe it!" Link wondered what a Hokage was, but decided it was best not to ask questions.

"Okay...and lastly, what's your name?" Link asked Cloud. "The name's Cloud. Cloud Strife. Not that you need to remember it." Link was puzzled by Cloud's standoffish demeanor. "He seems like he could be helpful, unlike that knucklehead over there... but his personality isn't making this easy..." "Alright, since you are now all acquainted...I need you four to set out to the Temple of Time." "The temple of what?" Naruto asked Sakura, who just gives him an annoyed look. "Maybe actually listen for once and you'll find out." "Sakura pleassssse...you know I'm not good at listening." Sakura calls him a knucklehead and lets Zelda continue. "Sorry princess..." Sakura says, laughing nervously. Zelda smiles and slightly laughs. "It's quite alright, Link and I are no strangers to fools." "Haha yeah, Cloud does seem like a fool." Naruto chuckles, not seeing the Buster Sword being flung at him. "YIKES! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!" Cloud slightly chuckles, much to Naruto's dismay. "Anyways, back to the matter at hand. The Temple of Time." Zelda explains to the group that the thief may try to target the temple due to the Spiritual Stones of Hyrule residing there after Link's quest four years prior. "The what sto-" Sakura punches Naruto before he could finish his sentence. Zelda nervously continued. "The Spiritual Stones. They grant the user access to the Sacred Realm, which is the resting location of the Triforce. They must somehow be crucial to the thief's plan." Link placed his hand on his forehead. "We may already be too late..." He says. "Not necessarily. I'm sure he hasn't been there yet." Zelda reassures him. "However, I believe we have spent too much time talking. You four should probably get moving." Link nods and then signals for the others to follow him.