Link's Rocky Day

Link and his team arrived at Iwagakure after another five days of traveling

Link and his team arrived at Iwagakure after another five days of traveling. Link was tired, as he did not sleep at all while traveling. Naruto had also thrown him into a terrible mood with his constant complaining and typical irritating habits. Eventually he got to a point where he snapped on him.

"NARUTO! WILL YOU SHUT UP BEFORE I RIP YOUR TONGUE RIGHT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH?!" Link raised his sword at the knucklehead, but Cloud stopped him. "Guys. Quit arguing...we aren't getting ANYWHERE with you two constantly bickering. Don't you both want to stop Sephiroth and the others?" "Yes..." Link and Naruto replied to Cloud. "And do you want to find Sasuke?" "Yes..." "Then quit your fighting and get moving!" Cloud moved the two away from each other. Walking into the village, they immediately approached the Tsuchikage.

"Leaf Shinobi? And unknown folk?" Ōnoki said, standing up, preparing to fight. "Calm down, we come in peace." Cloud said. "I am Cloud Strife, and these are my teammates, Link, Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno. We were sent here to seek out Orochimaru's hidden hideout somewhere nearby." "Well, how do you expect to find hidden hideout in the middle of the mountains? It'll be like looking for a needle in a haystack."

"We have a map showing us the general area of the hideout. It really won't be a problem." Link explained. "Alright...but be sure to come back alive...we've been hearing some strange noises coming from the northwestern mountains...be extremely cautious..." Ōnoki told them. The team then moved out, running over the rocks and hopping over chasms.

 The team then moved out, running over the rocks and hopping over chasms

They made it over to the hideout's location. Link played the Ocarina again and this hideout appeared as a cave on a mountainous wall. All of a sudden, a loud roar could be heard from deep inside. Sakura shivered, but Link patted her on the back. "You could ride on my back this time if you'd like."
"Thanks for the offer...but I think I'll be fine." Sakura blushed, but tried to hide it by rejecting his offer. "Hmm...okay."

This hideout's layout was more similar to the first one. The team continued to stick together like they did the last time. While walking down the main hall, they had immediately picked up the big key. "This...isn't gonna be good..." Link said, knowing what getting the big key early on meant. The team entered another room, which was filled with falling rocks. The team had to rush across the room before they got crushed under the avalanche. The next room's layout was that of a torture room, reminiscent of Hyrule's Shadow Temple. "What kinda sicko is Orochimaru?" Cloud asked. "He steals another person's body so he can live forever...which is why he wants Sasuke so badly." Naruto explained. "Huh..." Cloud thought.

They passed into the next room and some tiny dragons appear. Link slashed at them, and they quickly flew away. Naruto pointed out a treasure chest on the other side of the room. Cloud hopped over to it and opened it, getting a new sword, which was called Angel's Bane

 Cloud hopped over to it and opened it, getting a new sword, which was called Angel's Bane

Cloud put the blade in a sheath and put that into Naruto's backpack, saving it for later. After pressing on further in, they arrived at the basement of the hideout. The roar from earlier on was louder here, and Link informed them that the room leading to the jutsu caster was just ahead. They walked into the room. This time, the jutsu caster was a male in a black cloak.

"You all shall finally meet your doom, heroes." The jutsu caster pushed a button and a cage opened up, from which a dragon arose.

The caster hopped onto the dragon's back and it began its attack

The caster hopped onto the dragon's back and it began its attack. The dragon swooped and threw Link into a wall. "LINK!" Sakura screamed, running to aid him, forcing Naruto and Cloud to fend off by themselves. Cloud hit it with a blade beam, which stunned it.

 Cloud hit it with a blade beam, which stunned it

Naruto then hit it with a quick Rasengan.

The dragon hit the ground in pain, causing the jutsu caster to fall onto the ground

The dragon hit the ground in pain, causing the jutsu caster to fall onto the ground. Cloud stabbed the man through the chest, and he quickly went limp. The dragon then disintegrated into bones, and then the blue portal appeared. Link slowly awoke. "Ugh...did...we win?" He asked. "Yes...we did." Sakura replied, smiling sweetly. He hopped up, and then they all entered the portal, returning to Iwa.

The tornado at Otogakure was nearly gone. Orochimaru was panicking. "THEY'RE ABOUT TO DESTROY THE BARRIER! I MUST DO SOMETHING!" He panicked before entering his quarters.
Back in Iwa, Link talked to the Tsuchikage. "So a dragon was plaguing the mountains?" Ōnoki asked. "Yes, but it wasn't really a huge challenge to defeat!" Naruto said. The Tsuchikage gave them loads of ryō.  "Thank you all for everything...you are always welcome in this village." Link smiled. "It's really no problem, Mr. Ōnoki! Now, let's get going to the Hidden Mist Village!"