It would definitely save you some time.

Its more of a last resort

The plane finally touchdown. And as I looked outside my window I could see an explosion of light in the distance. And something told me it wasn't because they were celebrating with fireworks.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that then.

Was it thundering? It couldn't be this was Yemen. It didn't rain that often in Middle Eastern countries.

As soon as the plane came to a complete stop the soldier surrounded me immediately jumped up ready to exit the plane. And in less than two minutes a plane full of fifty soldiers had emptied onto the tarmac. Leaving me alone. I called Adam ,"I just landed".

"Nervous?" He asked over blowing winds.

I shifted my weight and laying back in my chair tapping my fingers on my knees,"No, he'll play along", I heard a joyful scream. "Is that Lara?"

"Yeah, that would be the sound of her discovering room service. Honestly, I don't know where she puts it all. She should be 400 pounds".

"Shes going good then?" As awful as it sounds I didn't want her to be good at this I hope this little trip with Adam would discourage her from a life of crime and make her want to go to school and make an honest living.

"She's fine. She still learning, I don't expect her to be brilliant overnight. It'll take time. But she does like the hotel rooms, and for the most part she seems somewhat engaged at meetings. I don't know if that's because we're always sitting down to eat and she's always hungry but you know she's pretending to pay attention at least. Thats good enough for me", thank God, she was just using this as a vacation.

I kept hearing wind in the background until finally I couldn't take it anymore,"Are you jumping out of a plane? What's with all the wind?"

"Yes, you can't keep this crippled down", he said with a slight chuckle. "Just admiring the sunset".

"Mmmmhhhh, or smoking because you're stressed", I said knowing that's exactly what he was doing.

"I would never", He said.

"Your not going to life to see Lara, Alma or Maria get married or walk to get their diplomas", I said.

"Not true, I've already seen Alma graduate from kindergarten to the first grade", He said.

"Smartass", I said rolling my eyes.

"I'll stop just as soon as this is all over", he must be finish becomes suddenly there was no more wind. "Hold on".

I did.

I heard a TV in the background and Adam say," Lara, let's not sit so close to the screen you'll go blind".

I heard Lara reply back with something that sounded like her mouth was full.

I guess, I shouldn't be wasting time chatting away. Team Hermes will be back in five hours and I had to be ready. Because the longer we stayed in Yemen, the more dangerous it became. I reached up in the overhead compartment and pulled out my Ruger LCP gun and sat back down loading the gun.

"I'm back, have you checked on Daniel today?"

"Yup, he gained an ounce of weight which is extremely good and comforting knowing he's getting stronger", I said thankful God was cutting him some slack. Now if only he could do the same for us. "If Sahsa end up being a problem you can always send Alejandro after him", especially after our little talk.