First Tooth

Chapter 19

Jennifer

Bang! Bang! Bang!

I struggled to keep the door shut. I felt each kick pulsate throughout my body. As the door bent my head bounced against the door. Adam quickly came to my side pushing the door close with me,"GET TO THE BACK" he yelled.

"We need him alive" I said still pushing the door closed with my back.

"BOMB! BOMB!" I heard Liam shout from outside.

"Take my mother and go out the fire escape", Adam demanded.

"It's fake, it has to be", I said standing up.

Bang! Bang!

"You don't know that!" Adam said grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the door.

"Why use a gun if you have a bomb?" That doesn't make sense. Running through the hotel room we all made it to the master suite slamming doors shut behind us. Adam immediately started to help Celine out the window.

I calmly went to my nightstand and pulled out the gun I had found the night before. Adams go to gun was definitely ten times heavier than my Smith and Wesson 9mm. I stood ready to shoot.

"Your next let's go, love!" Adam shouted on edge.

Vvvzzzttt vvvvzzzzttt vvvvzzzztttttt

I turned around to get my phone on the nightstand. Keeping my gun trained on the door, I look down at the caller ID and saw it was Alma calling. Without hesitation I answer the phone,"Hey Baby, what's going on?"

I could hear her sniffles through the phone, she was so distraught she could barely speak,"Mommy, I can't find Sofía".

She broke down crying.

Bang! Bang!

The gunman was trying to knock down the door. I still have time.

"JENNIFER LETS GO!" Adam said in a full panic.

I ignore him. As soon as this guy comes through the door I'd make sure he drop down. I wanted him alive so now I was finally going to get to use my target practice skills. My main objective was not to hit a main artery or the head. Everything else is fair game.

"Baby calm down. We'll find her. She's not in your pink suitcase? Or the purple backpack?" I said thinking where it could be.

"No", I could hear her little heart breaking.

"JENNIFER!" Adam shouted .

"One second", I said holding the phone away from my face. Holding the phone back to my face I continue to talk to Alma,"Are you sure? Because I remember packing her. Go check one more time".

"Okay", I held the phone being put down then Alma say,"I need my backpack".

Bang! Bang!

"I looked in there!" I heard Nate say.

"One more time, peanut", Josh said.

I sat down on the bed and Adam rushed to my as soon as he pasted by the door it flung open. I popped up and yelled,"Get down!"

As soon as he was on the floor I fired my gun hitting the pretend Bellboy in the shoulder, side and in both legs. He fell without any problems. I walked over to him kicking his gun away from him. Still on hold with Alma I looked down at the boy who couldn't be older than seventeen filled with lead he cried out in pain. I knelt down and took off the "bomb" and just like I said was fake with rubber styrofoam.