Hip

Chapter 46

Adam

We heard the water upstairs kick on,"I forgot to tell her to use soap", Jennifer said bouncing Fitz pacing the room.

"Not important, love. Are you crazy?!" I yelled upsetting Maria.

"Are you proud of yourself? You scared the baby", she gingerly putting Fitz onto his play mat on the floor. He could lay there for hours staring up and all the toys dangling in his face. Jennifer went over to oriya in her swing and picked her up and began to bounce around the room holding her trying to calm her down with no luck.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind?!"

"Are you?" She said not looking up to me. Her focus was solely on Maria. And she didn't need to look me in the eyes for me to understand I may have crossed the line.

"Redo. Love, When government organization starting to get involved people end up like... Well like me", I was recovering, just by the fact I could move my head around now. When a few months ago that almost seemed like a dream.

"There's nothing wrong with you, you're getting stronger every day. And it's not just me that thinks you'll walk again Elliott does to. He's hopeful, unusually optimistic", maybe it was because I spent four days a week with Elliot for a total of three and a half hours. But the man was a hair thread away from curing whatever cancer he had been interested in all these years. I guess he thought if he can cure cancer, I can walk again. But I wasn't going to get my hopes up too high. Just like they all said there was still a chance I would be stuck like this forever.

"We don't have backup power to take on any government. Especially, the USA".

"Sssshhh it's okay my sweet girl. Daddy didn't mean to scare you", Jennifer continue to bounce moving around the room she came closer to me and said," You think the other houses have defected?"

"I know they have", well, everyone except Michael. And maybe Mrs. Price.

"The ones that have have to go after all this", she said.

" Jennifer, I don't want to say it. I don't even want to believe it but we lost. Somewhere along the way I became---"

"Stop", Something flashed beneath the surface of her hardened expression and I tried to read the sudden shift. It was too late, the emotion disappeared before I could identify it, like reaching desperately for an escaped balloon; the string dangling so tantalizingly close but the wind pushed it away and it's lost forever. " We don't lose. And we certainly don't give up. I told you I would try to get your empire back. And I will".

"How?" I said knowing how this ends. If we didn't back off, they will come for us again and this time we would end up dead.

"We start at the foundation of any society", I was dying to hear this.

"Well?"

"The answer is simple: orchestrate the society’s destruction from within. The people", she stated.

"Terrorist don't win against Uncle Sam, love. If anything it sends him into a ballistic rage".

"But, fear works. I will dismantle every brick ever built, by the time I'm done people be afraid to leave their houses", she bounced over to window staring out onto the property," You know researchers have found a new strain of the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone. If I got my hands on one of the infected bats from the 2016 out break and this new strain. A little tweaking and we could have a biological weapon. Reasled it in the big cities: New York city, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Dallas and of course St. Louis".