Morse Code

Chapter 36

Adam

We made it to Rovaniemi and after a few days I was settled in, but Jennifer was stressed out. She just over extended herself. And if I could talk I would tell her to relax. She doesn't have to decorate the house, do the Christmas shopping for the gifts and the food, try to run my empire which is currently under attack, handle her own job, take care of the kids and me, go to therapy and do it all alone.

My nurse, had just finished stretching and feeding me before putting me in the living room to watch some TV because I'm dying to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas on a Wednesday at 2 p.m.

Lara was.

TV in general just fascinated her. She sat, wrapped in the cream blanket Jennifer had knitted for her, and in an almost trance-like state staring at the TV as if it had hypnotize her to stay in front of it. I didn't even pay it any attention, I just watched as Jennifer ran around doing one thing and then running to the next. Was this what it was like when I went to work and she stayed home? Was this why she was so desperate to get back to work? And away from us.

Jennifer put way too much pressure on to herself, I knew she was a perfectionist, but this was too much. Lara doesn't care if the dinner table doesn't have napkins folded like Christmas trees. Or that the cabinets have perfect red fluffy bows on them, she doesn't care about good silverware, or the fact that the house had more Christmas spirit then the North Pole ever had. I knew this was all for her to give a good first impression of what all of her Christmas is would be like. But all that really mattered was the gifts on Christmas morning. And the fact that she wasn't going to be alone. Handmade snowflakes hung from the ceiling, a nativity scenes was placed on the coffee table, garland hung lavishly everywhere imaginable from the fireplace to every doorway.

I could hear Alma playing the piano in another room.

Ding Dong

Who was at the door? No one knew we were here other than my parents and the security team Jennifer brought. I really didn't like that she let Thomas and Liam have the holidays off. Right now, we needed them more than ever. She replace them with some Alejandro's men.

Lara jumped up ready to answer the door.

No!

I feel so helpless I couldn't tell her no I couldn't stop her. Anyone could be at the door!

Ding Dong

"I got it!" Jennifer yelled rushing past me and Lara.

I heard a scream and,"BITCH!"

So, Nate was here. Lara ran to the door excited. "Sorry, to just drop by but we didn't want you to spend Christmas..."

Alone? I thought as I heard Josh voice.

"With no adult company", Nate said.

The conversation started to move into the living room,"I still have Adam", Jennifer said putting away their coats. "Where are your bags?"

"Your little gang out there took them all. They have to search them, but I swear if a single thing goes missing I'm billing you", Nate said sitting down on the couch with Josh. He turned and spoke to me yelling slowly,"HOW ARE YOU?! YOU LOOK BETTER!"

Josh slapped him on the back of the head,"He's not deaf. I'm sure he can still hear".

"He can hear just fine", Jennifer said coming into the room and standing by my side in a red wrap dress and black bedroom slippers,"Right?"