Interview with a Nanny

Chapter 8

Jennifer

After a few days had passed. I was finally released from the hospital. It was good to be back home, even though Adam kept me on strict bed rest. He didn't even go to work. Which worried me.

What if this was part of the grand plan to get rid of Adam?

Adam kept telling me not to worry. And that only made me worry about it more.

But we rarely had an opportunity to talk about it. Especially not today. It was Saturday so no school for Alma. But, she did not leave my bedside. And she slept in here last night. Which meant Adam had to sleep on the couch in front of the bed. I just didn't want to risk one of us rolling over onto her and crushing her in our sleep.

We were currently watching Mulan on the bed. Adam sat on the other side of Alma typing away at his computer,"Love?" He said focus on his computer.

"Yes?"

"Be my human calculator?" He asked.

"Always", I said with a smile. I fired off some numbers gently rubbing Alma's back. I could see him getting frustrated. Pausing Alma's movie, I tapped her on the back and said,"Will you go get mom a soda?"

She sat up giving me a big smile and nodded yes. I kissed her chubby little cheeks and she ran out the door. Once she was out of earshot I turned to Adam and said,"What's wrong?"

"Missing product. James just brought it to my attention", he said still focused on the laptop.

"How much?" I asked.

"A kilo", he said slamming his computer down,"With this Henthorn running around..."

"You think he's stealing from you? If he was why that little. You have have ships full of product. Why not steal the boat? And take everything, it doesn't make sense to take such a huge risk and only get a small return", I said.

"A person can do a lot with thirty grand. Especially, if this is been a reoccurring thing that we're just now catching", He said.

"Roughly, 25712 euros", I said.

Stretching he said,"It's even more we get two shipments a month. Then times that over, let's say three months".

"You're missing $180,000", I said trying to stay calm. To Adam that was basically pocket change. Really, to any of the drug lords that was nothing.

"It's probably nothing", he kissed me briefly before getting comfortable in bed,"Don't worry about it". I wanted to worry about it. I wanted to take action! We needed more than just James and Ross working on this. Everyday that goes by this henthorne person is out there plotting against us. We need someone to really handle the situation, someone trained and merciless.

I need my hitman back.

Needed Alejandro.

He mostly worked with Michael now. If it wasn't for the Unseen I don't think Michael would have been able to tame Caracas or any of the other drug houses and illegal enterprises in Latin America. A lot of people had to die, they couldn't adapt to this new world Michael was building. So they had to go. And they're deaths sent a clear messages to everyone who dare to go against Michael.

No one was safe from Alejandro.

And God help you if your name was on his list.

I know Adam hated working with Alejandro. But, the man did get results, he was efficient and uncouth.