What Happened?

Chapter 7

Jennifer

"Ma'am! Ma'am! You couldn't be up---" a man said over me. I woke up still on the side of the road. Rain falling hard on my face. I sat up in a panic. I weakly got to my feet and started to walk away,"Do you want me to call someone?" he said in French.

I couldn't think straight. Words, wouldn't come out of my mouth. The coldness seeped through my clothes and chilled my skin. The bone-chilling cold was unbearable in the howling wind and icy rain. The sound of thunder rolled through the area as another lightning bolt split the sky.

"Ma'am, you need to go to the hospital", the man from before said. He took off his jacket and placed it over my shoulder. "Let's get you to a hospital, yeah?"

Words left me. 

But I couldn’t will my lips to move. As if stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled. I moved as if some inexperienced person was controlling my body remotely.

I nodded yes.

The man ushered me into a nearby car; a Hyundai i10. He opened the passenger door for me. As soon as my butt hit the seat he slammed the door behind me.

He got into the car and took off,"Ramsay Générale De Santé is only a few minutes away".

I nodded.

"I'm Victor. I think you were in a car crash. The rain..." I turned Victor out looking around his messy small car: papers were everywhere, burger warpers filled the floor, and the smell of smoke filled the air.

Every muscle in my body hurt.

"You're in shock", Edgar said sitting in my lap with a grin.

Go away!

"You bought me here", he said the silkiness of James Earl Jones.

I'm fine. Piss off.

Edgar laughed. It was a cruel mocking laugh,"You are not".

"We're here", Victor said slamming on the breaks. He drove directly to the emergency ambulance door and jumped out the car running into the hospital for help.

"Why is he being so helpful?" Edgar said with a clear distain,"No one asked for his help".

Because most people are good. I would have dies without him.

"Would that be so bad?" He said as the left side of his lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on hi face; casting a spell of doubt to eyes.

"Piss OFF!" I shouted so hard my ribs shook in pain.

I looked out the window and saw a team of paramedics rushing towards me. They got me out of the car and onto a gurney. A doctor came into view speaking French shouted,"Ma'am? Can you--" my instincts kicked in

"I need a CT scan, possible head trauma and internal bleeding near my third rib on the right, broken arm; call an Orthopedic, my vision is covered with black spots. I need immediate surgery so book a OR room", I said looking up to the doctor who looked surprised.

"You her, lets move people", he said as I was pushed down the white hall.

"This could be a good learning experience for any students", I said.

"I'm sorry who are you?" A girl said at my side pulling the gurney.

"Dr. Faust-Caffery", I said watching as shock filled her face. "I need someone to call my husband. Remember this number and please remember bedside manners. My husband will be in a state of shock".