Hemingway Champagne

Chapter 27

Adam

Maybe, I shouldn't have said anything... yet?

Jennifer wasn't talking to me and when I reached for her me she scooted away which hurt worse than any bullet ever could. I wanted to help her, I would give anything to that.

"Are we going to the airport?" She asked.

"Will you put back on your mask?" I said answering she question with a question.

"Is it another car?" She asked.

"Blindfold", I said.

She didn't want to but she put the blindfold back on. Jennifer laid her arm on the arm rest with her palm extended out to me. Gladly, I took it; kissing her wedding ring. "I love you".

"I love you".

We sat in quiet.

I really hope this surprise makes things normal again. She agreed to see a doctor. Which is a huge win. They say the first step to recovery is to admit it. She hasn't admitted it but at least she knew, I knew there was a problem.

I pull out my phone and texted Dr. Pellegrini she could meet us in New York. I was careful to make sure Jennifer didn't realize what I was doing. She hate it when I texted and drove. Fifteen minutes later we arrived at the surprise.

I got out of the car and opened Jennifer's door. Standing in behind her I led her forward lifting up her blindfold I said,"Tada!"

Jennifer

"You bought another.. plane?" Adam had over fifteen private planes already; some stolen some actually purchased. He rolled out the red carpet literally. A team of stewardesses; six on each side of us stood with wide smiles in black pencil skirts and short sleeve button-down blouses and short black heels. "Welcome Mr and Mrs Caffery", they said in unison.

Creepy.

"Hi", I said giving them an awkward wave and smile,"Why did you buy another plane?"

Adam scoffed as we made our way onto the plane,"This isn't just any plane it's our family's plane".

As soon as we were inside the main cabinet a woman stood by the door with holding a silver platter with two flutes of champagne. I needed after that ride. I took the glass saying thank you, "You're most, welcome", the women said with a smile.

"Tell the pilots to give us a few minutes to look around", Adam took my hand started to lead me up a staircase.

"Please", I said.

"Please", he repeated.

"Of course, sir", She said. I hated to be that guy but Miss. I went through twelve years of school for the title of doctor.

"Why do we need another plane?" I asked as we continue to climb the stairs.

"So when we go to see Alma win in Japan we can arrive in comfort. I'm sure there's going to be more competitions all over the world. You can visit Missouri more and take the kids. And Lara I can go to some car shows..."

"Oooo you needed a plane that could carry more than one car", I said with a smile and finishing off my champagne.

"No. No. A little yes, but I'm officially making it the family's. You're going to love it", he said like an excited child. Adam showed me four bedrooms and a gallery at the front, two bathrooms at the rear. The cabin was separated into three sections with versatile modules designed for business, conferences and social events. There’s also a cinema lounge, Turkish bath and ample parking. Even a fully stocked bar with a baby grand piano nearby. A massive office with an impressive conference room. A stately dining room perfect for the most elegant of dining experiences. The interior was built using the finest materials. "And lastly...", Adam said throwing open the last door,"The master bedroom!"