Renegades

Chapter 48

Jennifer

"Just wait a damn second we're going to do what?" Michael said as we sat on the balcony overlooking the backyard. Heather, Allen and Alma we're playing happily with Sara running back and forth playing tag. We didn't have to sit outside when it was 50 degrees outside but I think this was an excuse for Michael to wear his black mink fur coat and leather black gloves. Of course Belle had a matching coat as she sat inside curiously watching Adam do his physical therapy with Elliot.

"Keep your voice down", I scolded him.

"Two thing, need to be said most importantly did you serve me ass water? And secondly this is some James Bond villain, I'll destroy the moon type shit. You don't need Paris to control Europe. Just set up a base of operations somewhere else. Let this go and learn from this unfortunate mistake", he said throwing his tea into a nearby plant.

"Lipton and no", I said rolling my eyes. " if you lost your Empire, would you be saying the same thing?"

"Fuck yes, I get nervous anytime the other cartels raise their voice to me. I wouldn't even dream of trying to take down a powerful and rich government", he said said leaning back in his seat.

"Great you'll just be doing the bare minimum anyway. It's easy to cause chaos, you just need a good Puppet Master to pull the right strings", I said sipping on my tea.

A few days had passed, and I was in full swing ready to carry out my plan. I knew I was going to need some help and I turned to the only one that had the influence, money and power I needed to do it quietly. "You listen here Julie Andrews you'er going to Puppeteer us to death!"

"Don't be your normal drama queen of a self. You control some of the most deadliest cartels in the Western Hemisphere", I reminded him.

"And you think I do it by biological warfare?"

"No you do it by not playing nice", I said harder than I intended to. I took a deep breath and calm myself down. " Michael, I need you to help me do this. If the roles were reversed you know Adam and I would do everything in our power to help you. Adam isn't seeing the whole picture. We need to show the world that no one, nothing is more powerful than us. We control the conversation, we are the the beginning middle and end of everything. We're Caffery's. The world doesn't fuck with us", I could tell Michael was still apprehensive. He turned his head to look at the kids and Sara playing.

"I don't know. There are some lines we can't cross. If anything word to be traced back to us it wouldn't just be our heads. We have families to think about, children I want to see grow old and not visit me in jail", he said.

" I know. Let me take the risk, all I ask is for you to fund it", I said standing up to pour him a glass of water.

"And Adam approves of this?"

"You know he doesn't. But he's not thinking right. You of all people know how how a bullet can change you", I said not wanting to remind him of a bad time. We were desperate when we thought Adam would never wake up from his coma.

I leaned against the table with my arms crossed looking down at him. Michael exhaled hard and pulled out his cell phone and started to text,"After I took over The Sinaloa Cartel I had a lot of... problems", my phone went off in my pocket but I ignored it. "You can imagine how hard it was to get people on board with some random white boy trying to take over. I didn't marry in to the cartel, and I wasn't born into it there was more then just some hostility".

"Why didn't you come to us?" I said softly. Michael knew Adam would do anything to help him. So why keep this a secret.

Michael put down his phone and looked up to me," Pride. I had been given something I knew Adam would never be able to handle. I wanted to succeed, stand on my own two feet and prove I could do this without my big brother. You told me ' that was more than qualified to handle the operation and I believed it. It was time for me to spread my wings. And I'll be damned if I let someone shoot me out of the sky. Some people had to go, a message had to be sent. And I needed it done quietly so word wouldn't get back to Adam. I reached out to some people---"