We Need To Talk

Chapter 54

Jennifer

Adam left the following morning and a week had passed of my plan unfolding. The bomb started in Richmond, Virginia and slowly made their way across the nation. In the following days no one was safe, and I had a nation on edge. Every night on the news I would watch the anchor cast do a hell of a lot better job than I ever could a striking fear into the general public. For a solid week that was the only thing on the news where were the next bomb come from? Who was doing this and why? I continuously heard,'Are we a nation under attack?'

Yes.

There were four more attacks that were going to be carried out but I am for the most part everyone's undivided attention. Almost like I have been soaking fear and it was pungent now.

Adam took the family plane back to Paris with Lara. They hadn't made any progress yet but they still had time and we were in the beginning phases of our plan. Lara was having fun traveling around from place to place. But I don't think she was learning anything from Adam. She sent me pictures of the places he had taken her: Dublin, London, Amsterdam and Stockholm to name a few. But the pictures were mostly selfies and one or two occasionally had a picture of Dani to her chagrin playing babysitter.

Ding!

"Good evening folks we'll be landing ABS Airport in just a few moments. Buckle up please", I did as the pilot asked.

I desperately needed to stretch my legs. After 18 hours of sitting trying to get into Sana'a my ass was going to stay numb. I wasn't crazy about having to come to Yemen. There was still an ongoing war between the government and the rebels but I needed to see an old friend who could deliver a message. And I hadn't come alone, Michael had graciously let me borrow team Hermes and they were more than locked and loaded. They hadn't had a real challenge since Michael took over South America. They had their work cut out for them tonight. Before the plane even took off we already had a plan ready to go. There was no way in hell I was stepping off of the plane. So team Hermes was going to bring me my person we were going to have a civil chat and he would be back in his little apartment before sunrise. Or before the insurgent rebels noticed he was gone.

Vvvvvzzzzttt vvvzzzttt vvvzzzttt

I look down to my phone and saw Adam was calling me. I looked around to the plane full of soldiers and decided this was probably a conversation they didn't need to hear. I ignored the call and decided to text him instead.

Hey :)

Just checking in. Your handiwork is the only thing on TV or the internet.

A necessary evil. How are things going with you?

I know this sounds impossible but people aren't intimidated by a man with a cane.

A sexy D.I.LF ;)

Hahaha I think you're the only one that thinks that right now. It looks like I've been replaced with Sasha Ivanov

The Russian.

I always knew he would be the one to stab you in the back.

Not for long love. Ava's been getting me caught up. We may just have to do another hard reboot.