7.8- RUNNING IN CIRCLES IN A SCATTERED BOARD GAME WITH NO MEANING.

↳ R i l e y.

I considered telling Kevin just to let him know what Jasmine and Lamar had going on. I didn't want to tell him because I felt as I would bring more problems, Although I am trying to get the full story together before I go any further.

Jahseh was having his own conversation with his friends, The randoms— The ones I didn't know of. I looked at the clock that hung by a single nail that wasn't even forced into the wall, Leading the round wall clock to hang almost dangling it's self.

It was getting a bit late. And I wanted to give Jahseh a bit of space.
I could tell he was a bit upset and tired this afternoon leading to tonight—From all the drinks he's had tonight his eyes began to appear red.

I silently got my backpack before kissing him on the cheek, That was until he grabbed my wrist a bit harshly almost digging his nails into my flesh.

"Texted me once you get home" He sort of slurred his words in a way that I could understand him correctly.

I nodded with a smile and his grip un-hugged my wrist. I turned back knowing he took another sip out of the bottle he was drinking all by himself.

I space out as I walked the dark wet road, Caused by the calm rain that fell onto my flesh, Hair and face.

It didn't seem to bother me, The rain.
I was planning on going home sitting on my old carpet listening to slow rock just trying to piece things together.

"Riley"— I look back seeing a running figure, His voice triggered my brain
Knowing it was Harry. I didn't have a certain problem with him; Maybe we came off on the wrong foot.

"Hey" He appealed to be sober this time.
I turned my head and began to walk, "Hi".
I didn't know how to beg in the conversation I felt approaching, Or so how to continue it.

"About the other day I'm so sorry, I'm such a ass"— I kept silent not knowing to respond. "Thanks for apologizing Harry".
He smiled. "So, Where beaded?"
—"Home".

"It's the weekend, Shouldn't you be I don't know... Partying with your friends?"
I narrowed my eyebrows, "I have better things to do". He asked a question I had a bit of trouble with answering, "What is that thing that's better than partying?".

"I'd rather keep that to myself" I said knowing that I lied trying to cover up the fact that I didn't have anything really going on— I didn't want to seem as a lame jerk towards him.

"Okay then".
I wondered where he came from and why he was partly walking me home.
"Shouldn't you be with your friends?"
I questioned.

He shrugs with a smile, "I mean I didn't see a reason why to hang around with my idiot friends when I can walk home a pretty girl". I was silent.

He made me silent, I wanted to thank him for the compliment but I just couldn't speak my throat felt clogged and my heart was beating extremely fast with what felt like one hundred different emotions.
— "Are you alright?".

I snapped out of it, My chin hung low, I just seem to make myself look like a idiot every single time. "Yeah" I spoke quickly increasing my walking.

"Your hair seems shorter" He smiles taking a small piece of my wet and partly dry hair into his finger tips.
I admired his green eyes.

I cleared my throat distracting him, His hands fell on his sides once more.
Awkwardness began to hit.

I was now engaged into starting a conversation, But I didn't want it to feel like a hour conversation— Besides I had somewhere to be.

"It was great talking to you" I spoke fast trying to get everything over with.
"I can walk you home"— "I'm fine, goodnight harry".

I walked off, I had a gut feeling maybe I made him feel weird, I know I did.
I have mixed feelings and I didn't know what was happening to me.

No clue what time it was now I arrived home. I took a deep breath twist the knob and opened the door. The smell of warm pasta being cooked hit my nostrils.

I closed the door behind me.
No Kevin. My aunt sat at the table looking innocent as ever as she read from a vintage magazine.

I dropped my backpack midway beside her chair, I interrupt her engage in reading by saying, "What secrets are you keeping from Kevin?— Fill me In on the detail". She looks up from her magazine.

"I already told you, Stay out of it Riley".
I began to ball my fists in annoyance.
She looks at me like if I was a new person.

"Maybe you should take my advice, By you cutting your hair isn't going to attract people to look more into your personality— You still have the same shitty attitude".

Out of nowhere she pulls out a cigarette and lights it in a matter of seconds.
"There're lots of secrets I can't share and that's the way we are going to keep it— If you really want to know; Yes me and Lamar had an affair".

I already knew this information so it was useless. "What are you and Lamar hiding from Kevin, Recently".

"Since when have you cared so much about him!". I just stood there and
un-balled my fist. "Kevin isn't as innocent either".

I picked up my bag and stormed off into my room. My head was scattered.
It's like they are playing a bored game with no ending.

I didn't know what I was looking for, Maybe this whole time I've been looking for the guilty one— But what's the point if everyone seems to be plead with guilt in some way? Maybe this whole time I've been running in circles.

There isn't a meaning to this, And if there is I didn't seem interested anymore.
I'll leave the board game empty handed.

I grunted putting my face in my pillow no longer wanting to hear about who was in the wrong and who wasn't— And even if there was a board game what was the point of the game anyways?, With no commotion, No yelling and most of all no arguing, I was finally able to give my good for nothing of a brain a break.