𝟓𝟗. 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

—RILEY

—RILEY.

A smile grew on Jahseh's face after I told him everything that just happened. "Are you scared?" He questioned me.

I frowned my eyebrows, "No, I honestly don't know the correct outcome of my shitty plan".

"I'm maybe hoping they can see the real Kevin, The heroin junky piece of shit who thinks he's a fucking father" Jahseh just stared at me before whispering.

"Heroin father".

"James hasn't been around much" I spoke out staring at my phone missing his random texts, "He has his own life to take care of" Jahseh said bluntly.

"Are you okay? Did something happen between you and Stokeley" his eyes were shifty.

"After we dropped you off I said some things I didn't mean," suddenly I got a text but I chose to ignore it.

"I told him he'd be nowhere if it wasn't for me" he looks at me with shame and regret. "Did you apologize?" He silently shook his head.

Glaring at my phone seeing stokeleys text, 'we both said things we didn't mean but let him know I'm not angry anymore, I'll be stopping by in a bit'.

"Stokeley says he's not angry at you anymore and that he'll be stoping by in a bit" my smile disappears seeing how jahseh squinted his eyes at me.

"Oh so you two are texting now?" I was confused on why he was acting like this. "He just wanted me to check up on you thats all, plus we're just friends".

He stood up in front of me, sizing me down with his dark eyes. "What?" The fact that he kept staring me down was pissing me off.

He knew for a fact we weren't in a relationship, I figured it was just his masculinity taking over his ego.

"Jahseh don't act like you don't have a couple hundred bitches in your phone—" my cocky tone wore off once I notice the small stand beside the couch he had been sitting on, many pills and powder on the side followed by those small stickers for last time.

I felt stupid for not noticing earlier, "Are you fucking kidding me jahseh?".

I stood up quickly pointing feeling the lace of my converses undo, "You too?".

His nails dig into my forearm as I try to escape his grip, "Calm the fuck down girl, that wasn't all me".

"Oh great, that makes me feel better" I said sarcastically.

I shove him making him lose grip on my arm, "Get the fuck off me Jahseh" I think my bottled up anger decided to just now form into words.

I stare into his eyes, they weren't so dark anymore as they began watering, his lips quivering and his sniffs increasing by the moment.

"Jahseh?" I shouldn't of been so emotionless. He looked lost and he went blank.

Wanting to hold him but afraid of him doing something stupid like last time, I was beginning to grow sick of his behaviour changing like this.

"Just tell me what you want me to do, please" I couldn't help but to feel hopeless. Suddenly he slowly began walking towards me before pausing.

He was quick to go into the bathroom, following after him as I watched him sludge over the toilet as his body reflexes.

Closing my eyes at the displeasing sound of him throwing up, entering turning on the light.

Comforting him rubbing his back, he cleans his mouth before flushing the toilet.

Maybe he got up too fast: I noticed the look on his face as he made his was over to me.

Loosing stableness and wrapping his arms around me.

I could hear his short breaths in my ear, his grip around my waist was gone as his whole body weight fell on me causing me to fall on the ground as the bathtub behind me supported me.

"Jahseh stop it" I said as my knees were the only thing keeping his upper body up.

My heart begins racing before rapidly hitting his back over his hoodie. "Jahseh?": please say something.

Managing with his body weight digging my black nails into his jaw making him face me, his lips lost that rosy shade and he was completely limp.

Many things rushed over my head at this instant, wanting to call the police but knowing there would be side affects on that decision regarding this house alone.

Gently laying him on the cold bathroom ground putting my ear to his open mouth as my finger led to his neck to check his pulse.

He was still breathing, Standing over his unconscious body made me stop. Staring down at him like this was something I'd never want to picture again.

I began to feel as if I was going to be sick, covering my mouth holding back whatever that feeling was as my nerves manage my shaking hand.

He was cold, I could feel it within my own body. Silence grew once there was aggressive knocking at the front door.

Closing the door to the bathroom and locking it, knowing how many people came in and out of this house; it was the safest thing to do.

Although I could ask for help; what if they think I caused this? It felt selfish of me.

My eyes grow wide trying to hear what was going on, "Jahseh?!" They yelled out.

I kept telling myself it was all going to be okay, pulling jahseh's head into my lap as I kept my fingers on the pulse under his jaw.

I could feel the two sets of footsteps coming closer to the door. Wrapping my hand around his neck shoving my face into his chest.

"Yo, X?!" My heart sunk to my stomach as they begin fidgeting with the locked door.

"You think he might be fucking some bitch?" One of the voices laughed. Suddenly it hit me, I became a sobbing mess, my eyes completely filled with tears.

I was scared.

They moved away from the door, "We should at least let him know we were here".

I was hard keeping track of the two different voices. Suddenly a loud beat began to play causing me jump.

The front door then shut closed. Sniffing trying to think straight wondering why Stokeley was taking so long.

My knees became weak and feeling lightheaded from the crying and the loud music: hold me, kiss me, fuck me, you don't wanna love. It's as if the universe was mocking me, at how weak I became.