𝟔. 𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐂𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒

—RILEY

—RILEY.

It was a bit of a long afternoon.
I went to do a small favour for jasmine which was to pick up some milk for a cake she was going to bake for her friend.

It went something in the lines of, "Riley please go to the store and get me a fresh box of milk— 2%" Afterwards she handed me about five dollars and some loose change and told me to come home right away.

While coming back from that small favour I carried the milk carton in a strong brown paper bag. "What in the hell is wrong with you?" A harsh yell is followed by the phrase.

Trying to look around but I didn't quite land my eyes upon where the noise was coming from. Out of nowhere a girl with short dyed red hair comes out of the corner of what seemed to be a apartment building.

Three girls behind her with three whole different moods I seemed to pause, Watching what would happen next since they were sort of in my way.

"Get the hell up out of here trying to ruin my mood with your petty as rules" The red haired girl crosses her arms.

The three girls seemed to push past her leaving the red haired girl standing there.
She turns to me before smiling.

"Sorry about that, By any chance do you have a smoke?" She spoke looking very stressed out.

"Um yeah" I said taking my last cigarette out of my pocket she already had a lighter ready.

She instantly inhaled the last minute she lit it.
"I'm amber by the way— Do you live around here?" She said, I could tell she seemed very out going.

"Riley, What was that all about?" I shyly chuckled trying to make conversation.
"Nothing really they were just grinding my gears a bit" She spoke shrugging making me nod.

"Are you from here?" She speaks questioning.
I shook my head a bit— "Well I love about two and a half blocks away, I was just getting a carton of milk for my aunt".

She nods. "You can call me Red if you'd like— I think you might get the gist of it" She smiled taking a piece of her hair bringing it to her eyes making me slightly laugh.

She smoked pretty fast making me look at her in a strange way. "I like your hair a lot" I complemented. "Thanks, I like your sense of fashion" She spoke looking me up and down.

I stared at her shaking my head with a smile.
— I never thought that a oversized t-shirt that was thrifted tucked into a pair of old jeans with a black belt would make a complement.

"Thank you" I said almost slurred into a question. "You should give me your number" She spoke instantly with a smile.

I guess it wasn't such a surprise to me since I've gave out my number to Jahseh without barley a full day of knowing him.

"Well it was great talking to you— Give me a call sometime" She spoke with smile waving goodbye. I waved goodbye without a chance to say the words, "It was good meeting you" Due to the fact she had began walking off.

"God Riley, What took you so long?".

"I met someone on my way home" I spoke with a smile hoping she'd find interest in me making another friend— Although I didn't tell her about the group of three I met the other day.

"I told you to come straight home, I could've been further in process by now" She speaks making me frown.

I stood there and tilted my head.
"She seemed very nice" I spoke out.
—"Great" she spoke concentrated in what she did.

"Her name is Amber". At this point I was just trying to make conversation with jasmine.
"Riley I'm not down to talk right at this moment" She spoke with such tone.

I took myself to my room laying upon my bed starring up at the ceiling with my hands upon my stomach sighing out of boredom.
"What does life have to offer for me?" I spoke rolling my eyes afterwards.