𝟐𝟕. 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐄

—RILEY

—RILEY.

"Fuck" James yells as he gave the front door of his own home a harsh kick.

I flinch saying, "Can't you crawl in through your window?" James snaps his fingers, "Good thinking fighty".

"See that wasn't so hard".

James chuckles while sitting on his bed. Looking around his new I recovered a couple of memories.

"I liked your room better if you'd had it how it use to be" I joked as I got distracted by his anime figures.

"This gives me more space" I place my Skateboard down on the carpet floor.

"I'm not supposed to be home right now" James laughed. I narrowed my eyebrows.

"How come?" I questioned. "I should be looking after the shop right now" I was a bit surprised.

He came face to face with a framed picture of his mother and him. "You miss her?".

He nodded his head palming his face, I put my hand on his knee "it will get better James".

He looks at me with his watery eyes. "I hope so dude" Suddenly he pulls me into a hug.

His mom didn't pass, She disappeared one Saturday's afternoon after she had gotten into a argument with his father, He hasn't heard from her since.

James didn't deserve to go through this, Especially alone— His father moved on without hesitation.

His mother was a angle in his eyes, His father was more direct with James and he doesn't understand.

"Thank you Riley" I smile into the crook of his neck. "No problem" I swear I had heard something.

I pull away from the hug seeing James with a stuck face expression.

"Wh—" he puts his finger to my lip indicating me to be quiet. "Honey have you seen the spare keys?!".

The footsteps were far, "Shit" I whisper yelled. "Check in James's room!" Shouted the girlfriend. James stood up and got a pack of cigarettes and a charger from his night stand.

I did the favours of throwing out skateboards out the window, I reach for my phone shoving it into my pocket.

"Hurry" He tells me as I crawl out of his window carefully. James seemed to be struggling.

"James stop it" I say as he begins to laugh.
I pull him down, It wasn't such a good idea.

His shoe kicks me in the side of the head, He shuts my mouth as we sit under his window.

"James?" His father called as his room door busted open. My head aches with pain.

I wanted to kick his head in for payback. "Honey you alright?" His girlfriend called.

There was a moment of silence, "Yeah, I thought I heard him in here" The window suddenly shuts closed.

"Ow!" I said quietly. He rolls his eyes at me as he peeked through his window. "Alright lets go".

"Thank you so much tony, Trust me I'll pay you double next time" James apologizes to his friend for covering for him.

"It wasn't that bad" Said James as he inspected my small bruise. I laugh at his goofy ness.